Everton play like 'Stoke'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small club
Long ball team

...when are we going to have someone from our side get stuck into these ****ers and pigeon hole them?

Too soft this club sometimes. Just take the gloves off and get the **** into them.

Yeah i agree, someone from the club should issue a rebuttal to it. Just say they found the comments laughable and that the facts reported in the media reflect that, and we're more concerned about injuries to our players picked up in the game from dangerous tackles that weren't punished, or something like that.

Personally i don't believe for a second gbh is so naive and stupid that he believes what he said. He was simply playing the game and it had apparently worked a treat : its wound Evertonians up. The media calling him on it simply adds more fuel to the conspiracy fire.

They just announced the result of a poll they have apparently been running on talksport tonight ;

Question: are Everton a long ball team?

Result: YES 8%.....NO 92%

I think the nation has spoken!!.........unless its you lot voting over and over again?

Why is Gerrard talking about how teams play, Stoke had to do this to stay up and survive and look much better these days then they did seasons ago. Hate pricks like him. Wonder what Stoke fans think of this

Tell you now, our football is better and has been more effective than what they have been playing. Wouldnt say its long ball either, its a little something called 'Plan B', something that Rodgers hasnt got in his locker at all, Liverpool will lose and draw a lot of games this season because of the fact their manager has no plan b. At least when we cant pass our way through teams we are able to use Fellaini's height to our advantage, absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

Small club
Long ball team

...when are we going to have someone from our side get stuck into these ****ers and pigeon hole them?

Too soft this club sometimes. Just take the gloves off and get the **** into them.

Spot on Dave about time we got into these pricks.

Carragher was clearly laughing his socks off at Moyes as he asked Rodgers what he'd said at the end of the game.

Moyes has this delusion that this dignified straight guy is the way to go with bullies ..... he's wrong and it translates into his woeful derby record.

Need to start ruffling a few feathers on and off the pitch against these clowns.

efc might not want to get dragged into this circus that the rs live in and air our laundy in public, leave that to them, Fergie said the same about long ball football, its a tag that being used when looking for excuses, but if they are so good why cant they beat teams who play the Stoke way.

Carragher was clearly laughing his socks off at Moyes as he asked Rodgers what he'd said at the end of the game.

Moyes has this delusion that this dignified straight guy is the way to go with bullies ..... he's wrong and it translates into his woeful derby record.

Need to start ruffling a few feathers on and off the pitch against these clowns.

What do you expect from the thick ********.

I look at the ****e now as a communist state like Russia back in the day. With people like Gerrard and Rodgers spouting crap to the obedient followers to make sure they toe the 'Official Party Line!' Bit like the Political Commissars, which makes Dalgliesh Stalin I guess!

Looks like Clattenberg followed the party line Sunday like a good communist!

I'm watching K19 by the way!

Yeah i agree, someone from the club should issue a rebuttal to it. Just say they found the comments laughable and that the facts reported in the media reflect that, and we're more concerned about injuries to our players picked up in the game from dangerous tackles that weren't punished, or something like that.

Personally i don't believe for a second gbh is so naive and stupid that he believes what he said. He was simply playing the game and it had apparently worked a treat : its wound Evertonians up. The media calling him on it simply adds more fuel to the conspiracy fire.

I'd laugh me bollocks off if someone at the club came out and said:

"Koff Libpool, yer murdering bastards".

I swear to God, if Kenwright did that he'd be off the hit list immediately.

Hahahaha

"What do you make of Gerrard's comments Bill?"

"Tell the wall pushing [Poor language removed] to swivel."

Revenge will be sweet when we go 2 - 0 up in injury time at the pit in May and our fans sing 'Delilah', I'm sure the Stoke fans wouldn't mind too much.

"Everton are effective because they have some big, physical lads in the team. We had a young, small team out there who were men and stuck together".

Howard 1.91m
Coleman 1.77m
Jagielka 1.83m
Distin 1.93m
Baines 1.70m
Neville 1.80m
Osman 1.73m
Naismith 1.78m
Mirallas 1.79m
Fellaini 1.94m
Jelavic 1.88m
Oviedo 1.72m
Gueye 1.78m

Average= 1.81m

Jones 1.91m
Wisdom 1.86m
Skrtel 1.91m
Agger 1.91m
Enrique 1.77m
Allen 1.68m
Gerrard 1.83m
Sahin 1.79m
Suso 1.76m
Saurez 1.81m
Sterling 1.70m
Shelvey 1.83m
Henderson 1.83m
Coates 1.98m

Average= 1.82m

Actually Stevie your team is a centimetre bigger than ours on average. And we only have 4 outfield players who are 6 ft or over (Jagielka, Distin, Fellaini and Jelavic) whereas you have 7 (Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Shelvey, Henderson and Coates).

"There was only one team who came to play football and that was us".

Was that why you switched to a back 5 of Wisdom, Coates, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique with Gerrard, Henderson and Shelvey protecting them and left Saurez and Sterling up on the counter?

Our territorial advantage was 59.8 to 40.2 and we enjoyed 56.2% possession in the second half.

The head of communications biff on twitter probably did. Hes gone all quiet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back