Everton Players in Ireland team v Netherlands 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerover

Player Valuation: £50m
James McCarthy was "rested" but should be in the squad for France. MON tried out quite a number of fringe players. From a Blue point of view, you may be interested in the ratings from RTE:

Seamus Coleman 7

Drove forward with his usual intent and intelligence. Did his primary duty as full-back well and needed a good run-out having not played for Everton since the middle of April. Always a starter.

Darron Gibson 6 (67 Whelan)

Still a puzzle, hard to argue for his inclusion barring injury to another midfielder

and one that I still regard as one of our own.....

Shane Duffy 7

Worked well with John O’Shea on his third appearance but had relatively little employment until the late goal, which dropped between him and his partner.

Was a threat up front throughout the second half and should have scored with two second-half headers.

Duffy played well enough but still caught ball watching for the dutch goal last night.

I'd be surprised if Gibson makes the final squad.

Hopefully Seamus Coleman is back to his usual self agin, and we'll benefit next season.

And as good a player as Gibson is, I'm amazed he hasn't retired though injury/fitness by now. Solid player on his day, BUT there's a reason why Man U basically gave him away in his mid-20's. Wasted talent?

*tries to silence the pedant in me who wants to point out Shane Duffy isn't our player anymore......

Hopefully Seamus Coleman is back to his usual self agin, and we'll benefit next season.

And as good a player as Gibson is, I'm amazed he hasn't retired though injury/fitness by now. Solid player on his day, BUT there's a reason why Man U basically gave him away in his mid-20's. Wasted talent?

*tries to silence the pedant in me who wants to point out Shane Duffy isn't our player anymore......

..I don't think he'll be in a hurry to retire whilst somebody is willing to pay him £30k per week.

Yes....that's why I said "I still regard as one of our own". De jure not but de facto I think he is still an Evertonian!!

Very much on the fringe unfortunately. A player with so much potential that has not been realised unfortunately.

(incidentally, are you coming to KK next Saturday for Dubs v Laois??)
Nah not really interested in the gah, used to love going down to Kilkenny to watch Bray years ago, shame that Killkenny City are no more.

I take it you are from the north side of the Dargle given your monicker. Not a Wicklow man??

How is Joe Bollard? A true Blue Evertonian and fanatical Wanderers fan.

For those of you who don't know about Joe, he is completely blind, but was one of the best radio presenters I have ever heard on the old Bray Local Broadcasting station (BLB). My late Dad loved his programmes.

I used to meet him at the Carlisle Grounds (Bray Wanderers) where he always had a mate with him who gave a running commentary on every match. Brilliant musician too.

Slightly off topic I know, but nice to get Joe mentioned on this board!!

http://www.thejournal.ie/blind-man-guide-dog-documentary-2149141-Jun2015/

Status
Not open for further replies.