Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get real lad most fans ?? wtf does this clown do to save sides from relegation ? No one has been able so far to answer this question. And with the tosser Walsh who is partly responsible for the current mess and Shakespeare who stabbed Ranieri in the back? Dont getme started on that kopite Lee. Billy Liar loves "fans" like you
I meant most fans of other clubs.

To answer your question. He organises. He plays % football. He works on set pieces both with and without the ball. It's turgid stuff but he's a slightly more attacking version of Pullis and that is what we need.

Pretty much nails it mate.

I'd just add that this decision, if it comes, is not a football decision, it's done because the priority of Moshiri and his backers outside the club NEED that PL status for their anchor PL football club in a stadium at the docks to make a bigger commercial venture work for them.

We are in the jaws of a vice here.

Exactly this needs to be a short term contract to get us through to May with the PL status in tact

Well, I hope you consider those of us who object to him on the grounds of him being a corrupt individual that has nearly killed several of the clubs he has been at as legitimate reasons. A man so greedy he lost the England job simply because he was desperate to monetise it.
Yes I get that, and as I said I’ve no issue with those who’ve a genuine gripe - I’m not exactly over the moon here myself.

It’s the bandwagon-jumpers who do my head in.

If he’s appointed however, I’m of the opinion we should get behind the team and go with it, short term at least.

Could have done this weeks ago if this was going to be the outcome!

What absolute cretins are running Everton Football Club Ltd? lol

My guess is they tried some other managers, it wouldnt work out, so they had to make this choice. It's not like they can predict the future and know if the managers they wanted would come or not. They had to try first. Hindsight is easy. I wish I invested in bitcoins knowing what I know today.

Big Sam has years and years of doing what he does and the results prove it.

The last thing Big Sam is is flavour of the month.
Years and years of leaving clubs gutted and rotten and they relegated shortly after he leaves....marvellous truly marvellous .

He will cost millions to sign up, millions to get rid when he eventually fails and we want rid, millions to get his mates jobs, millions to buy crap hoof loving players and then millions to keep them on the books.

It will be a truly truly terrible and short term decision.

Get a decent manager in now, give him till January and then BACK HIM.

I meant most fans of other clubs.

To answer your question. He organises. He plays % football. He works on set pieces both with and without the ball. It's turgid stuff but he's a slightly more attacking version of Pullis and that is what we need.

which is 100% better than what we are being served up now.

we are team full of empty heads who have forgotten what football is.

I’m not disputing that mate.

And some people will have legitimate issues with Sam, however I object to those who have simply jumped on an anti-Allardyce bandwagon because it’s the cool thing to do among their mates.

Exactly. If this is a microcosm of the general thinking of Everton supporters then we are really in trouble. If we start having protests on top of a team playing like they have then what next after forcing Allardyce out by New Year-March?

Talk about signing our own death warrant, lets get to the end of the season still up and then discuss where we go from there. We need full support at Goodison even if everybody hates him.

Impossible.
I find it hard to disagree with @davek mate. If allardyce approaches this job with the quick fix attitude of his previous jobs he will leave us worse off. Look at every team he's left, they've all been worse off. We actually need a real DoF with Sam in charge, someone who will buy smart and not leave us in a mess while Sam just does the football and training.

They’re panicking because they’re in the eye of a perfect storm. Injury crisis, suspensions, fixture list predominately away or against top teams. We hit the nadir and they’ve panicked once Silva knocked them back. Any decent manager with the return of Barkley Coleman McCarthy and Funes Mori could have steered this team to safety but Moshiri has gone for the nuclear option.

This is what happens though when your entire boards philosophy is built on doing the bare minimum to stay in the league and keep the fans appeased. When you are then required to decisively act you have no idea what to do and panic. Someone at Everton should have been observing the summer of incompetence under a Koeman/Walsh and building a sensible contingency. As ever though they took the easy option, do nothing, hope it all just goes away oh no it hasn’t, lets fire the manager now that the fans are bothered enough to get out of their stupour, don’t worry Unsy will muddle along, the natives will die down and we can all go back to doing nothing, oh crap it’s gone tits up, get Fat Sam on the phone.

The sad thing is they don’t learn from it. As soon as any manager gets us back to mid table the board will revert back to doing absolutely F all.
Superb post ....board sitting on hands, clap clap clap.

Last week it was - what crisis we’re 4 points off 7th? now it’s what crisis we’re 4 points off 9th...

Next week what will it be? We can’t wait, we are in a dogfight playing the worst football in the top two divisions as it stands.

Absolutely - we'd struggle against most of the championship teams at the moment.

Exactly. If this is a microcosm of the general thinking of Everton supporters then we are really in trouble. If we start having protests on top of a team playing like they have then what next after forcing Allardyce out by New Year-March?

Talk about signing our own death warrant, lets get to the end of the season still up and then discuss where we go from there. We need full support at Goodison even if everybody hates him.
I’m not ecstatic, but I feel we have to swallow some pride and get on with staying up.

I’d rather Allardyce than going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.