Everton reserves vs man city reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Both James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe will feature against Manchester City reserves tonight as the second string hope to push for their place at the top of their league.

Both will be eager to impress a watching David Moyes in the hope of a starting place against Arsenal at Goodison on Sunday.

hopefully hibbert and silva and ruddy will all get 90 minutes tonight against manchesters finest.

I picked this fans report off NSNO this morning

City need to sort out their refreshments! Cappuccino, latte, mocha, etc but no soddin' pies!

Started with Phelan on the right, JP on the left. After we hadn't touched the ball for 20 mins Phelan went to the middle & Bjarni went left, JP to the right. Just as we actually got in to the game a little they scored. we finished the half OK, Vaughan hassled well for his goal.

Very much a youth game, not reserves. Basically their midfield bossed us, which isn't good as we really had 3 centre mids on. Ruddy spilled once or twice but not as bad as his loan reports suggest. Made a couple of good saves but considering we were 2nd best didn't do too much.

Good point was the back 4 - all looked comfortable on the ball. Which is a pleasant change from Neville, Hibbert & Naysmith.

Played route one trying to hit them on the break and our front 2 didn't get much joy all evening.

All in all, deserved to lose. they could have and should have made it 3 late on.

da Silva wasn't in the side last night, I wonder if that means he's on the bench for Sunday?

The lad who made that report seems to have given a frank and honest view, it doesn't seem as though the team was very inspiring does it?:)

The same guy made the following comments later in the thread having been asked about how well Rodwell had done

Rodwell did OK. Very composed, as were the other 3 at the back. The leftback overlapped well a few times, particularly 1st half.

The main problem was linking between midfield and the front 2. There always seemed a big gap there. JP didn't get involved as much as he would have wanted. He very much reminds me of Ossie in a way, technically gifted but doesn't have the pace or strength to impose himself if the game is not going our way

Some quite telling comments there methinks

Last edited:
I see John Irving played - I must admit I've liked the look of him when I saw him preseason and in a reserve match on Everton TV.

I've held out great hopes for Kissock but it seems he isn't coming along as well as I had hoped for, needs some weight on him by the sounds of it.:dodgy:

Actually if you look at that reserve line-up it's not a bad little example of youth team players coming through:

Ruddy
Anichebe
Vaughn
Vidarsson - all first team squad

Irving
Rodwell
Agard
Spencer - possible prospects

Not to forget about the injured Paddy Boyle.

(Although I was also convinced that Hughes had made it!)

Actually if you look at that reserve line-up it's not a bad little example of youth team players coming through:

Ruddy
Anichebe
Vaughn
Vidarsson - all first team squad

Irving
Rodwell
Agard
Spencer - possible prospects

Not to forget about the injured Paddy Boyle.

(Although I was also convinced that Hughes had made it!)

I'm still stunned by his departure but he has not set the world on fire with the Cobblers, possibly an impossible task! Rodwell will make it, he oozes class(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back