Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think Broja and Gallagher 'may' still be attainable if the 'right' offer came in.

@catcherintherye mentioned Colwill on loan at Huddersfield. He looks to be the centre back version of Reece James in terms of potential.

I think they are willing to sell those types of players if the fees are juicy.

The problem with Gilmour is that he seems to have totally flopped this season. Whether that is because hes been at Norwich, not used as a deep playmaker or otherwise i dont know.

Have only seen him play for Chelsea (not Norwich or Scotland) so not sure on him recently.

Of course, the wild card is that he only has a year on his deal and is Lampards protege.

Also in favour is him apparently being mates with Patterson having come up the Rangers and Scotland ranks together -- so should adapt to the club quickly.

He's someone id be excited about if we signed him as his potential I think is beyond most u21s in the world -- solely based on his Chelsea games.

Think the biggest assumption here is that we would be able to offer "juicy" fees or wages for that matter

I don't think anybody knows what position we are in with the Russian bloke being shown the door. It has been mentioned that its approximately 25 million per season from the financial guy on Toffee TV but who really knows, that didn't include the naming right to the new stadium either

Given this 'loss of income' it will also affect our ability to buy and abide by profit and loss premiership rules

These Wishlist's really are just pie in the sky until we know where the club stands and whether we are still a premier league club, but the latter is up to the team

But has played there for Chelsea and plays there for Scotland. Ok so tell me a midfielder we can get who gets loads of assists and goals
It’s a radical idea Ste but how about we just have a nice cup of tea and wait for Everton to sign the players and then appraise them then?

Might save some about three thousand posts in this thread.

@roy vernon you obviously need them more than me.

Why bother supporting us or even bother with football, if the arse is going to fall out of our club, like you think. You’re probably one of these fans that think the ground is doomed now to.
I don't think the arse is going to fall out of the club, I don't think the ground is doomed, but, I do think that the importance of finishing the ground for our owner means that, without the backing of his Uzbek buddy, he can no longer countenance losses of 100mllion plus per season and the money saved from players out of contract Is a necessary cost cutting measure.

Funds for transfers will be raised from sales for the next while, get used to it. Anyway I have reached my boredom threshold now, so, as I say, get back to me if and when we spend 20 million on the lad.

J
Can we just get someone other than Gilmour because he’s a slow midget crab mate?
thats fine mate that’s your opinion. But I’m still interested to know who we can get who gets loads of goals and assists.

Most teams play 433, 4231. 532. And a lot play with 2 holding midfielders.
Maybe soucek at West Ham, but can’t think of many others

Think the biggest assumption here is that we would be able to offer "juicy" fees or wages for that matter

I don't think anybody knows what position we are in with the Russian bloke being shown the door. It has been mentioned that its approximately 25 million per season from the financial guy on Toffee TV but who really knows, that didn't include the naming right to the new stadium either

Given this 'loss of income' it will also affect our ability to buy and abide by profit and loss premiership rules

These Wishlist's really are just pie in the sky until we know where the club stands and whether we are still a premier league club, but the latter is up to the team
But we will get other sponsorship deals. Cazoo have also gone. Say we’re 10mil down next season, Ok that’s not great.

what was this 100mil that Moshiri put into the club a few months back. I know this doesn’t go towards transfers , but helps the balance sheet apparently which help borrowing. Is this fir the ground?

I think we were always selling players this summer. To help a rebuild

But then a lad like Gallagher was arguably that last season, people watch football and can spot a diamond in a bad team it’s not just about following results and drawing concrete conclusions based on those results. Anthony Gordon couldn’t get a game for Preston last year. Ben Godfrey the year he was in the PL with Norwich, got battered stats and results wise, but watching him play football you could pick out his talent, attributes and skill that you’d like to sign.

Besides Gilmour at this stage we’ve seen at various levels like PL in a high legel team like Chelsea, the Champions League and International Tournaments - at 19/20.

Then we signed Godfrey and have been getting battered ….

We used to be good and signed Williams , siggy, kone, Joel, alcaraz, bolasie , Townsend all from “ lower teams’ now we are the “lower team”

Aside from Gilmour, which players would you have at the top of the list to approach ?
I wouldn’t know loads of that type of midfielder to be honest. A few of the really talented ones coming through, get linked with Barcelona or Madrid or psg.

The other Chelsea youngster Ampadu has by all accounts, doing well playing in that position in Italy this season. But he was part of the Sheffield Utd team that got relegated. So he’s probably crap as well.
Kamara who’s on a free so probably has plenty of teams interested in him.

Also a young lad at Lyon. Caqueret only seen little bits, but looks a a good player. And has only a year left, and wants to move on this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.