Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres risk in both selling and keeping DCL.

Batshuayi i dont think is good enougb

Nketiah isnt someone who will take us forward

Brereton Diaz has a year club option

Townsend has a long term injury so wont go

Not sure why Dele would go

Keane needs to go at all costs

Mina should be seen as a 'bonus' player if he stays...we need a full suite of centre backs + hes an additional bonus as rarely fit.

Weve got Patterson so no need for Lamptey.

Abraham and Tomori are loving life at Milan and Roma...they would also cost massive money.
Agree with all bar Nketiah, with caveats.

I think he’d be great for us if we wanted to transition to the fluid forward line model that Frank looked like he was after (based on his signings) at Chelsea. Obviously, if we wanted to stick with a proper “Number 9” focused attack then agree he probably wouldn’t be the one.

I think he’d be great for us if we wanted to transition to the fluid forward line model that Frank looked like he was after (based on his signings) at Chelsea. Obviously, if we wanted to stick with a proper “Number 9” focused attack then agree he probably wouldn’t be the one.
Nketiah stays at Arsenal I would imagine.

With the dcl situation. I suppose it depends on where Dobbin is at, and what is happening with Richarloson. I can't imagine we sell both in the same summer.
If dcl does go, I can imagine our front 3 looks like Richalison, dele, gordon. With Gray as an alternative to dele/Gordon and Dobbin if he is ready as richalisons replacement.

If both dcl and Richalison go, we better have a decent striker lined up.

I think that might be the reason we keep hold of Pickford & Richarlison and in the same light sell DCL.

If you look at the only teams Pickford could move too in the PL, the only one i could think of is possibly Spurs........but would he oust the captain and a keeper thats actually been very good this year in Lloris?
Arsenal have invested in Ramsdale, Chelsea have Mendy, Utd have bigger problems than GK & the 2 best clubs in the league have the 2 best goalkeepers.
Would he risk a move to Spurs were he may not start the season?

Same goes with Richarlison, would he be best being a big fish here instead of possibly being in & out of a side elsewere and risking losing his spot in the national team?

DCL has lost his England spot it seems, so he has nothing to lose, the move could invigorate him or in the case of if he moves to Arsenal, get him an automatic spot based on which club he is at
DCL is still establishing himself and this seasons troubles have hampered him. As such I do not see any club matching our valuation - and his is contracted until 2025.

We have done well to hold onto Richy this long, IMO, and fear this is the year one of the regular CL clubs will come calling. I don't see Frank agreeing to sell Pickford given the levels he is showing this season.

There will be a lot of deadwood out the door this year though so I do expect we will see new faces.

DCL is still establishing himself and this seasons troubles have hampered him. As such I do not see any club matching our valuation - and his is contracted until 2025.

We have done well to hold onto Richy this long, IMO, and fear this is the year one of the regular CL clubs will come calling. I don't see Frank agreeing to sell Pickford given the levels he is showing this season.

There will be a lot of deadwood out the door this year though so I do expect we will see new faces.
I don't actually see Pickford wanting to leave. He is comfortable at Everton, he seems to be quite a family and friends orientated person, we aren't too far from home and he certainly isn't going to Newcastle any time soon. Don't see him moving down south to a London club, personally imo.

I don't actually see Pickford wanting to leave. He is comfortable at Everton, he seems to be quite a family and friends orientated person, we aren't too far from home and he certainly isn't going to Newcastle any time soon. Don't see him moving down south to a London club, personally imo.
I guess Man Utd would be the most likely destination but I can’t see it happening.

Key factor has to be do they want to play for this club.

We cannot afford to overpay for someone who has loads of talent but sees us as a stepping stone or retirement home. We’ve had enough of those wasters coming in just for money and guaranteed game time.

Mykolenko should be the profile to follow, he’s practically bursting out of his shirt every game to try and do his best for us. Shouldn’t matter the player profile or age, just find these sort of characters and then nightmare seasons like this probably won’t happen again.

Contracts expiring

Possible interesting players

CB: Tarkowski (Burnley)
CB: Romagnoli (Milan)
CB: Luiz Felipe (Lazio)
DM: Kamara (Marseille)
DM: Grillitsch (Hoffenheim)
CM: Simons (PSG)
ACM: Swift (Reading)
CF: Belotti (Torino)
CF: Brerton-Diaz (Blackburn) +1 yr option

GK: Pope (Burnley)
GK: Rajkovic (Reims)
GK: Meret (Napoli)
CB: Ndika (Frankfurt)
CB: Milenkovic (Fiorentina)
CB: Niakhate (Mainz)
CB: Caleta-Car (Marseille)
CB: Sensei (Feyenoord)
RB: Singo (Torino)
DM: Bissouma (Brighton)
DM: Douglas-Luiz (Villa)
CM: Gilmour (Norwich)
CM: Chukwuemeka (Villa)
CM: Gavi (Barcelona)
CM: Gravenberch (Ajax)
CM: Knight (Derby)
CM: Caqueret (Lyon)
RW: Tsyganov (Kyiv)
RW: Conceicao (Porto)
AM: Cherki (Lyon)
CF: Ali-Cho (Angers)

Fair enough we need someone who can step up with goals and assists from midfield. Iwobi is working hard and is flexible positionally but he doesn't score or assist enough to be a number ten or a box to box who contributes with goals.
Id play Gilmour as a deep lying playmaker.

Sitting between defence and midfield and dictating the game. Hes a fantastic passer.

Not the finished article but a good investment.

Hes looked good in a few games for Arsenal when theyve been on top and created lots of chances.

I think we need either a 'big/tall' player who can hold the ball etc or a really technically gifted player.

With the dcl situation. I suppose it depends on where Dobbin is at, and what is happening with Richarloson. I can't imagine we sell both in the same summer.
If dcl does go, I can imagine our front 3 looks like Richalison, dele, gordon. With Gray as an alternative to dele/Gordon and Dobbin if he is ready as richalisons replacement.

If both dcl and Richalison go, we better have a decent striker lined up.
Left: Richarlison / Gray
Right: Gordon / Dobbin

Centre forward area we need to improve.

Whatever else we do this summer, I really hope that we keep Richarlison
100% ;)

DCL may be goosed with his injuries...the club will know and we dont know whether Lampard is easing him back or dropped him.

2 years on his deal and if he decides not to extend we have to sell...never know.

The improvement Nketiah has shown over the last couple of months has been crazy, he looked like a fish up a tree when he first came through at Arsenal.

Will be very interesting to see to see how he pushes on from here as he genuinely could go either way you feel. Because of his contract stand off at Arsenal refreshingly being about whether he will be first choice next season, if we did go in for him then he'd come here expecting to start every game and who knows whether we'd be able to offer that.

Selling DCL for big bucks and bringing in Nketiah on a free could either be brilliant or barking mad business. Given the constraints we're likely to be operating under this summer, it might be a gamble the club are prepared to take.

Contracts expiring

CB: Tarkowski (Burnley)
CB: Romagnoli (Milan)
CB: Luiz Felipe (Lazio)
DM: Kamara (Marseille)
DM: Grillitsch (Hoffenheim)
CM: Simons (PSG)
ACM: Swift (Reading)
CF: Belotti (Torino)
CF: Brerton-Diaz (Blackburn) +1 yr option

GK: Pope (Burnley)
GK: Rajkovic (Reims)
GK: Meret (Napoli)
CB: Ndika (Frankfurt)
CB: Milenkovic (Fiorentina)
CB: Niakhate (Mainz)
CB: Caleta-Car (Marseille)
CB: Sensei (Feyenoord)
RB: Singo (Torino)
DM: Bissouma (Brighton)
DM: Douglas-Luiz (Villa)
CM: Gilmour (Norwich)
CM: Chukwuemeka (Villa)
CM: Gavi (Barcelona)
CM: Gravenberch (Ajax)
CM: Knight (Derby)
CM: Caqueret (Lyon)
RW: Tsyganov (Kyiv)
RW: Conceicao (Porto)
AM: Cherki (Lyon)
CF: Ali-Cho (Angers)
Jason Knight is well worth looking at.

Cornet if Burnley go down?

I’d suggest raphina from Leeds as well but I believe Bayern are going to sign him in the summer

Kalvin Phillips maybe? I reckon West Ham will try and sign him if rice goes to Man Utd though
I doubt we can afford Phillips. That would take most of the DCL money.

Status
Not open for further replies.