Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw in one article Thelwell has a "no knobheads" policy. I can see (positive) bits of his uncle in Lampard too, in getting a read on someone's character quite quickly. He himself would have been a leading pro in most dressing rooms, so is going to know what players are limited and what players are cheats. It's the difference between say an Andre Gomes and a Tom Davies.

I know Moyes had a similar approach, he wanted to sign good people first and then decent footballers. You can see Cahill is more loosely involved and he's an example of this. But you look at the Moyes team, and a lot of them he signed/used have gone on to have respected careers in the game at other clubs. Weir, Carsley, Cahill, Donovan, Howard etc.

To me we will move away from glamour signings and look for people who want to roll their sleeves up a bit first.
I'm all for this, you can of course have good people who are excellent at togger.

I saw in one article Thelwell has a "no knobheads" policy. I can see (positive) bits of his uncle in Lampard too, in getting a read on someone's character quite quickly. He himself would have been a leading pro in most dressing rooms, so is going to know what players are limited and what players are cheats. It's the difference between say an Andre Gomes and a Tom Davies.

I know Moyes had a similar approach, he wanted to sign good people first and then decent footballers. You can see Cahill is more loosely involved and he's an example of this. But you look at the Moyes team, and a lot of them he signed/used have gone on to have respected careers in the game at other clubs. Weir, Carsley, Cahill, Donovan, Howard etc.

To me we will move away from glamour signings and look for people who want to roll their sleeves up a bit first.

Be interesting how Thelwell and Frankel work together. Lampard didn't seem too pleased when we announced the new DOF.

Didn't he? I must admit I didn't pay enough attention to notice either way.

I think they are probably quite well alligned.

Yeah if you go back to the press conference when asked about Thelwell's appointment he didnt sound or seem too happy.

I get the feeling Lampards one of the old school types who probably likes bringing his own players in.

Be interesting to see the power dynamic in the summer.

Yeah if you go back to the press conference when asked about Thelwell's appointment he didnt sound or seem too happy.

I get the feeling Lampards one of the old school types who probably likes bringing his own players in.

Be interesting to see the power dynamic in the summer.

Surely they would work together.

DOF asks manager what/who he wants. DOF goes out and does the business.

DOF might make recommendations or suggestions but I think ultimately it’s the manager who makes the final call.

We are trying to raise 120 mil from player sales to reinvest into the squad

To me that screams that the following are likely to be sold

Kean
Keane
Mina
Big Dom
Allan
Gbamin

Then the following will be released

Kenny
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Delph

Bring in Tarkowski and Nketiah on frees and loan a chelsea player

Richarlison only goes if we get silly money like 80+ mil from PSG or Man Utd

I think we should be honest with ourselves, if we want to raise 120m, Richarlison will be part of that. Him and Pickford are our best players - and so easiest to sell.

Probably stick with DCL if we cant get decent coin, and hope he rediscovers form.

Mina and Allan...well they are two of our best (only ?) decent defensive players so we'd need to replace with the at least same level - tough.

Gomes needs to go, perhaps Davies too. Perhaps Keane would do better under less of a spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.