Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Back on the forum after a couple of years away and I see the bed wetters are still out in force on the transfer threads
Same posters wanting crèche veterans and unknown South American
Lads wanting 20 goals a season strikers and pacy skilful wingers
Lads wanting creative midfielders etc etc
Thilwell and Dyche know a bit about football and how it works
They know we could do with a striker that can score goals
Unfortunately we have 4 strikers and only 1 of these has shown any aptitude whatsoever in the art of scoring goals and he wants more money or he’s going to Jack
So unless we placate Dom or sell 2 of the other 3 I can’t see a striker coming in
We have cover at RB , Patterson ,unfortunately not very good so unless he goes I can’t see another one coming in
We could do with a left full / cover aside from Young hence the interest in the free agent lad
We have signed a few midfielders and have Gana , Doucs and Garner from last year so don’t expect any more midfielders this window
The only way we spend a lot more money is if we have agreed with Branthwaite that he can go for 70 m plus next summer once it’s before July 1st ( as another poster pointed out )
Say Branthwaite get a bad injury in April / May then what
We haven’t got money to spend , are up to our necks in debt , have to finish the stadium off so my advice is
Step away from the computer, open the blinds and go for a nice long walk in the local park
We will get what we get and will just have to suffer as we have done since the mid 80s
Sean, you should really not come on here to try and justify the rubbish you provide us with most weeks.

We won't sign a striker after we signed a six foot 6 CB

It's all about set pieces for our goals
I am happy we got someone there, hopefully we can keep our main 2, make me worrying less seeing Mason and Keane all the time on the pitch in competitive games.

But surely need to prioritize wing and CM now. We have enough strikers, but no good finishers.

XG for our strikers is abysmal mate.

Almost impossible.

Yup and that's why the shouts about we don't s ore enough it's all about Dyche - look at his dudes etc they never score is annoying.

We created enough chances last year that the average rate should have been over 60 goals. Just remember the points we dropped when we weathered teams on clear chances and couldn't score them. That's nothing to do with the manager it's to do with the players he has simply not being good enough - especially so the strikers who were dire.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back