Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Palace turn down £65 mill from Newcastle for Guehi.

Remember Utd bid £40 mill for Branthwaite.
When Parish was talking about the other day, without actually saying the name Branthwaite he was basically giving the same reasons we have for our valuation. I think they basically just don't want to sell him tbh especially since there are links for Andersen and Eze still possibly leaving.

When Parish was talking about the other day, without actually saying the name Branthwaite he was basically giving the same reasons we have for our valuation. I think they basically just don't want to sell him tbh especially since there are links for Andersen and Eze still possibly leaving.
They're holding out for 70m plus and fair play to them they'll get it

They are right to mate. Look at what Brighton do, they manage their assets really well and sell them for huge fees. I admire Palace in a way as they know the value of what their assets mean to them - take Zaha he left on a free i think, but he spent the guts of a decade making them 90 mill a year staying in the PL and they wouldn't sell him - he was worth more to Palace then any transfer fee - of course everyone has to sell, but its improtant to be unwilling sellers and if you loose your best players the club should be compensated fairly and then some.

If you are savy you should project over a two year period for your assets - what will he bring us on the pitch and what's that value - are they likely to appreciate in that time - will they still hold their value in two years - if the answer is yes - you shouldn't sell and if you are you should be unwilling. This is where we need to learn. (On a side note this is where profit and sustainability is actually counter productive to its intended goal).

We are going into a World Cup cycle and England have a new manager and its likely Guehi and Branthwaite are going to be part of that and their profiles and reputations ae only going to appreciate.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back