Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Its such a random move. Especially after being burned with Dele.

If we had Phillips, Dele and Harrison all in form, fit and playing well then top 8 would be a distinct possibility.

Meanwhile due to their being no transfer fees it might mean we could sign a couple of kids to develop over 12months.

But the reality could be alot different.

Funny thing for me is weve not used Onana as a DM so why would we replace him with a DM.

The likes of Jordan James make more sense to me. Cant help being gutted we couldnt sign Wharton :(

£18mil rising to £22mil.

We should have gone for him in Jan even if we offered more money overall but payments starting in July.

Is he premier league quality?

The only time hes looked good in the premier league is under Bielsa where it was all out attack -- the opposite of how we play.

For England its different as its a different way of playing international football compared with the premier league.

Plus hes injury prone.

How many loans are we allowed if this happened and we had Harrison and Phillips?

Thats the long shot.

Well lets remember he was very highly rated, came through the England youth sides and looked good on the eye (at least to me) with a good passing range and tackling range.

I thought he'd be a good replacement for Onana or could play with him in a 2 if we used 2 deep midfielders.
lol

Its such a random move. Especially after being burned with Dele.

If we had Phillips, Dele and Harrison all in form, fit and playing well then top 8 would be a distinct possibility.

Meanwhile due to their being no transfer fees it might mean we could sign a couple of kids to develop over 12months.

But the reality could be alot different.

Funny thing for me is weve not used Onana as a DM so why would we replace him with a DM.

The likes of Jordan James make more sense to me. Cant help being gutted we couldnt sign Wharton :(

£18mil rising to £22mil.

We should have gone for him in Jan even if we offered more money overall but payments starting in July.

Is he premier league quality?

The only time hes looked good in the premier league is under Bielsa where it was all out attack -- the opposite of how we play.

For England its different as its a different way of playing international football compared with the premier league.

Plus hes injury prone.

How many loans are we allowed if this happened and we had Harrison and Phillips?

Thats the long shot.

Well lets remember he was very highly rated, came through the England youth sides and looked good on the eye (at least to me) with a good passing range and tackling range.

I thought he'd be a good replacement for Onana or could play with him in a 2 if we used 2 deep midfielders.
I think we have 4 loans in total, so that's 2 used up already.

Agree, there is a player in there

Can't blame him for making the move to City, what player wouldn't? But for whatever reason it hasn't worked out and he's lost his way a bit.

Everton would be a great opportunity for him. Regular games and able to influence what's going on.

It's all about the cost really, but this seems a sensible move
I wonder if Harrison has been a factor in this move?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1716746762114.jpg
    FB_IMG_1716746762114.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 20
It just feels like a rehash of previous profile signings on loan. He may not may have mileage left, I guess it would just be nice if for once it looked like the club had done some scouting and homework in emerging talent even if only in the loan market

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back