Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Oh he was god awful technically as a footballer. But he helped get rid of Koeman by completely showing him up. And he contributed more (certainly goals wise) than a lot of our other god awful signings.

Aside from Lukaku and to an extent DCL, we have never had a decent out and out striker maintain form over 2 seasons in the PL.

Our scouting of forwards is horrendous.

i think part of that is down to how we have played as well. Under the Moyes era in particular we seemed to sign strikers who could score at other clubs and after about a season they would learn the "Moyes way" spend so much time tracking back and running the channels their goal scoring would become almost non existent.

James Beattie
Andy Johnson
Yakubu
Jelavic

i think part of that is down to how we have played as well. Under the Moyes era in particular we seemed to sign strikers who could score at other clubs and after about a season they would learn the "Moyes way" spend so much time tracking back and running the channels their goal scoring would become almost non existent.

James Beattie
Andy Johnson
Yakubu
Jelavic
I agree there. Except he left like 11 years ago and have had numerous strikers sign since.

And pre Moyes, we also had no one consistently do it over 2 seasons.

Will Everton ever grow a set and go public against PSR like Villa are doing? Seems we're just fine having our belly tickled

I think the groundswell against PSR is growing, it will eventually get replaced with this new "Squad Cost Ratio" (SCR) which is running alongside PSR at the moment. What is still to be determined though is if the "financial doping" that goes on will be allowed to continue. Where owners/ shareholders of clubs can "sponsor" their teams and essentially up their revenue so they comply with SCR. We have seen this done by Man City, with Etihad, Newcastle with Sela, Chelsea with Infinity Athlete. There was also a question raised regarding Aston Villa's Adidas deal, one of their owners is a shareholder in Adidas.

I think these things are very difficult to police and the premier league don't seem to want to do it. The multiclub model probably causes issues with this as well as owners could trade players out of a premier league club to a club in another league for an overinflated fee. We have also seen chelsea sell off a hotel and training ground to one of their owners, for overinflated fees to stay within PSR.

At Everton we were doing this with Usmanov and Moshiri's businesses before Usmanov was sanctioned. USM sponsoring the training ground, Megafon sponsoring the ladies team and the exterior of Goodison Park. At one point Usmanov gave Everton £30m just to have exclusive naming rights on the new stadium, not the naming rights themselves.

It's easier to kick up a fuss when you're not perpetually getting lashed with points deductions and cooperation is trumpeted as a way to avoid the harshest punishment.
The PL cooperation with transfers worked out well with them signing off - we may as well have just kept our assets and tried to spearhead change like Villa are doing, I'm sure more will follow.

So up to now we have possible players leaving
DCL
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Onana

Players signing contracts or coming back from loans

Coleman
Young
Holgate
Maupay

Jeepers get me rum & coke
Ps when is this takeover happening

It's easier to kick up a fuss when you're not perpetually getting lashed with points deductions and cooperation is trumpeted as a way to avoid the harshest punishment.
Indeed, its easier to rock the boat then when someone else isnt actively attempting to capsize it.

I mean if I were then Id have plans to sue the league, but Id wait to let these other teams do some bidding, open some cracks, get the league to act in some manner not consistent with OUR punishment. Let them be forced to play their hand and then use it against them.

We wont do that.

Haha, 100-130M for Sancho, Greenwood and Casemiro yet want to pay 40M for Branthwaite!

The game of chicken is a foot mate.

If we do sell him, we need Chelsea to come in like drunken sailors.

That Rarhcliffe strikes me as a bit of a skinflint and will be trying his best not to be seen as a soft mark in the market this summer.

Overall I’d tell them to do one.

The game of chicken is a foot mate.

If we do sell him, we need Chelsea to come in like drunken sailors.

That Rarhcliffe strikes me as a bit of a skinflint and will be trying his best not to be seen as a soft mark in the market this summer.

Overall I’d tell them to do one.

We set the prices.

The DCL & Godfrey sales currently look most likely to me and perhaps can happen quickly.

I would hope (pray) we could bring in £30 + £15mil so £45mil for the pair...probably will end up lower but who knows.

That kind of money can do some damage in the market if were able to spend it...plus potentiall a bigger sum for Onana.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back