Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

How about buying players to actually build a team, to 'play' for the football club instead of investment opportunities?
Remember last season when we had 8 points docked? Makes sense to have players in your squad who you can sell on if you need to. I want us to keep Branthwaite but we're going to have to make a big sale this summer

Be very interested to see what Thelwell can actually do when given a little money to spend, and he doesn’t have to Klarna every signing. Being able to pay a bit up front opens up the market massively. I’ve actually got faith he’d get us some decent signings in.

I’d like us to dip into the championship for the likes of Greaves to replace JB, and Clarke from Sunderland as a winger seeing as we’ve basically only got one. Throw in a few U21 gems and loan sensibly like Harrison and maybe Diallo. Then when we have new owners (the Vici billionaires will do nicely) and sell Onana, we can actually splash the cash a bit.
He thought Beto and maupay plus chemiti would solve our goal scoring record - Rhys 50m plus of money. He’s useless

Remember last season when we had 8 points docked? Makes sense to have players in your squad who you can sell on if you need to. I want us to keep Branthwaite but we're going to have to make a big sale this summer
Makes sence to have and keep players in our squad that are good at football!
I dont care if they 'have sell on value or not' as long as they are astute signings who will contribute well for the team!

Football is about building a relationship with these players and characters! They are not investments!

Makes sence to have and keep players in our squad that are good at football!
I dont care if they 'have sell on value or not' as long as they are astute signings who will contribute well for the team!

Football is about building a relationship with these players and characters! They are not investments!
Football players are absolutely investments IMO, either to sell on or bring success to your team. Too many of our signings over the last 8 years don't fit into either category

I reckon 85% of this forum are made up we are selling Branthwaite!

We have bought a young player with potential and will now sell him on for a massively inflated profit! Isn't that what you are all saying we should be doing? Tony Bloom would be so proud!

Absolute bunch of wannabe Apprentice heads the lot of you! Bet you love the term 'process' & 'project' too!
Difference is Brighton mostly sell on their terms(unless it's a massive bid as they got for their Midfielder last summer) and are well run. They didn't sell Ferguson after one good season because they knew he wasn't at peak value they have also sold some of their assets at peak value. We are selling because we are forced to by our terrible finances and mismanagement off the field means we are up tp our eyes in debt and have very little wriggle room on PSR. I agree its a model to bring in players and develop them for sale, then reinvest in promise and quality but selling Branthwaite feels premature and forced. Also we have largely invested money in "PL experience" or players from top five leagues you need a balance in recruitment and we have been largely predictable and had more misses than hits. Next summer would be ideal to sell Jarrad, but the club is such a mess we don't hold any cards.

He thought Beto and maupay plus chemiti would solve our goal scoring record - Rhys 50m plus of money. He’s useless
Beto I think will still come good, Chermiti too clearly has something about him and time on his side.

Maupay though, he’s had an absolute nightmare there. Horrible little goblin, worst striker I’ve ever seen play for us.

When he doesn’t have to buy everyone on the drip, the market will open up. Think he’ll do better.

Beto I think will still come good, Chermiti too clearly has something about him and time on his side.

Maupay though, he’s had an absolute nightmare there. Horrible little goblin, worst striker I’ve ever seen play for us.

When he doesn’t have to buy everyone on the drip, the market will open up. Think he’ll do better.
Has there been anything to suggest Beto might find it? I don’t think I’ve seen anything.

Difference is Brighton mostly sell on their terms(unless it's a massive bid as they got for their Midfielder last summer) and are well run. They didn't sell Ferguson after one good season because they knew he wasn't at peak value they have also sold some of their assets at peak value. We are selling because we are forced to by our terrible finances and mismanagement off the field means we are up tp our eyes in debt and have very little wriggle room on PSR. I agree its a model to bring in players and develop them for sale, then reinvest in promise and quality but selling Branthwaite feels premature and forced. Also we have largely invested money in "PL experience" or players from top five leagues you need a balance in recruitment and we have been largely predictable and had more misses than hits. Next summer would be ideal to sell Jarrad, but the club is such a mess we don't hold any cards.
Who have we largely invested in, in the last 5 years who have 'PL experience'?

McNeil would go down as buying potential wouldn't he? We bought him at 22
Same with Garner
Onana, Mykolenko & Patterson were all bought at the ae of 21 from foreign leagues

Maupay is the only one that you would say we have wasted money on in terms of 'buying PL experience'

Football players are absolutely investments IMO, either to sell on or bring success to your team. Too many of our signings over the last 8 years don't fit into either category
McNeil
Garner
Onana
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Patterson

All bought for good money under the age of 22 with the hope of them improving

In recent years only Beto & Maupay are not down as what you call 'not in that category'

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back