Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

People often say “with the benefit of hindsight” when referring to team selections.

Only on this occasion, we had that benefit; we knew exactly what we were going to get by picking Young & Keane, and voiced it in our droves across multiple platforms (see the comments on the team announcement posts).

The one person who’s decision matters went against that and we got battered 0-3 by an average Brighton side with a rookie manager.

Don't see an active Kevin Thelwell thread but serious questions need to be asked of our recruitment again.

In particular the decision to sign a back up defender for big money when we were desperate for pace and goals.

We need attacking options and he needs to address the problem urgently. If that means selling some players then that's what needs to happen.

The players who we have signed under Dyche for decent fees are Beto Chermiti Ndiaye and O Brien, and none of them even make the starting team.

How has that happened considering how little money we have. It's a complete waste of resources.
We signed attacking options though? It’s not Thelwell’s fault the manager didn’t start them

Don't see an active Kevin Thelwell thread but serious questions need to be asked of our recruitment again.

In particular the decision to sign a back up defender for big money when we were desperate for pace and goals.

We need attacking options and he needs to address the problem urgently. If that means selling some players then that's what needs to happen.

The players who we have signed under Dyche for decent fees are Beto Chermiti Ndiaye and O Brien, and none of them even make the starting team.

How has that happened considering how little money we have. It's a complete waste of resources.
I think it showed why we needed to sign O’Brien/cb cover with how we played with a Keane and Holgate.
Even more scary when this backup defender can't get a game when our first choice cb is out.
Your issues are with the manager lads, not KT.

He’s not leaving out the players he’s signed - Dyche is.

It does not seem thelwell and dyche are singing from the same hymn sheet no way would minteh have started for us today
Thellwell just better get the last laugh when he hands Dyche his farewell papers come end of season...

I think Kev is doing alright and is looking for the future, He just knows it doesn't matter who he brings in cos Dyche picks the team.

These are the stubborn ass managers we need to move away from.

We just need a new owner and the plan will be on track !!

We signed attacking options though? It’s not Thelwell’s fault the manager didn’t start them

I think it showed why we needed to sign O’Brien/cb cover with how we played with a Keane and Holgate.

Your issues are with the manager lads, not KT.

He’s not leaving out the players he’s signed - Dyche is.
The players we signed haven't been goalscorers in the past. They should hopefully be improvements to the side but I'm not convinced they will offer goal threat.

We need a goalscorer and pace out wide. I'm baffled that we signed another defender given our lack of attacking quality and the uncertainty over the striker position.

Recruitment needs to be a joined up approach between the manager and DOF/recruitment team and its clearly not working. We need our budget to go on the key weaknesses in our starting 11. That means signing goal scorers.

We've spent money on players who aren't even playing so something is going wrong in the process.

The players we signed haven't been goalscorers in the past. They should hopefully be improvements to the side but I'm not convinced they will offer goal threat.

We need a goalscorer and pace out wide. I'm baffled that we signed another defender given our lack of attacking quality and the uncertainty over the striker position.

Recruitment needs to be a joined up approach between the manager and DOF/recruitment team and its clearly not working. We need our budget to go on the key weaknesses in our starting 11.

We've spent money on players who aren't even playing so something is going wrong in the process.
We have a stubborn and cautious manager who is defence first so doesn't surprise me we got another CB in. Also when Keane is still there and starting, Branthwaite will be sold either this summer or next. issue is I agree pace from full back and wing and a goal scorer came above another CB. And yes the signs were there when he didn't play Danjuma that the recruitment wasn't joined up now he is showing it again when he doesn't trust new players to come straight in but KT and the manager are responsbile for the squad even though we know funds are limited. Now we are where we are and a full back and a forward are 1000% needed before the end of this month (and if that means selling DCL or anyone else we get a good offer for we have to do it)or we are in for another almighty battle to stay up.

This is the most damning.

Chermo is of course injured, but lets be honest, its unlikely he would have started anyway.

So thats around 80m worth of players, plus a 20m* pound player just sitting on the bench.

100m on "back-ups"? While we have Ashley Young starting games?

Its not for me really.

No idea who is to blame, but its a farce.

As unpopular as it is I can see the logic of Keane over O’Brien for the first game, as defence is much harder to take a chance on.
I really don’t get why Ndiaye hasn’t started, he is creative and has played in the English league before.
Dyche’s excuse of not playing the new players because the premier league is tough and they are new is a poor excuse, what’s worse for a new player starting a game at nil nil with the crowd behind and the excitement of a new campaign, or putting you on at 2-0 down and the crowd are leaving the ground.

I'd still say go for 'K-W-P' ( And I've been presented with his not very tasty looking stats ) good player tho and can cover LB aswell.

As for his stats, they can do one - as he'll be in Blue creating a new Beautiful set !!

We have about £80m (price paid) worth of 'talent' out of contract at the end of the season.

The club ought to be moving heaven and earth to get some kind of return on their investment - the likes of Maupay, Holgate and Keane are proven (in some cases, time and time again) not to be first choice across the season.

We have a striker that won't extend his contract and cannot score goals, yet interest was there from Newcastle.

The club is absolutely diabolical at offloading players, unless it's our best players that are being plucked from us.

This is the most damning.

Chermo is of course injured, but lets be honest, its unlikely he would have started anyway.

So thats around 80m worth of players, plus a 20m* pound player just sitting on the bench.

100m on "back-ups"? While we have Ashley Young starting games?

Its not for me really.

No idea who is to blame, but its a farce.
The manager is crap. So he gets some portion of the blame. It’s tough to say how good or not good any of these players are tbh, but this manager isn’t figuring it out or getting the most from him. So that’s a starting point for the blame.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back