Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Surely DCL is worth more than the cash down payment for Gnonto. Any club willing to pay that will close the deal.

15-17m

I don’t believe we are insisting on 25m. That may well be add on.
I may be way off the mark, as I don't follow football finance too closely because there is nothing more tedious than PSR, but we can't do swaps. We would have to uy a player outright. If we sell DCL for 12m that may not be enough in terms of balancing books. It may look like a decent deal to swap a younger player for DCL but it may make bad accountancy sense.

Can anyone who knows/cares more about this, confirm or deny.

That’s ultimately where we differ. There is a very real chance we go down with this squad, so buying players who may make the first team in 1-2 years is not a priority.

With limited funds, you spend it on the area(s) that most need attention right now. Most blues believe the area most in need of attention is the attack.

To have not prioritised those positions is incompetence. To have chosen to spend £16m on a 3rd choice CB (no matter how good he may transpire to be) is unforgiveable.

Unforgivable seems extreme - Dyche has kept us up with less attacking talent than he has now.

Dyche obviously prioritises defense and with Branthwaite injured or sold - we would have been lost with Keane and Holgate.

Doucoure, Keane and Holgate all set to leave on free transfers next summer then. They'll take a further £15m from the club in wages this season. Appalling that we haven't been able to shift single ones.
Harsh on Doucoure that, whatever you think of him he was our joint top scorer last season and scored the goal that kept us up the season before (among others). Not stealing a living like the other two.

These are just quotes from Thursdays presser. He also said they’d be sitting down monitoring any possibilities right up to the deadline and there would be no point doing that if there was no money/possibility.

I mean, we probably are done for the day, but this isn’t something he’s said today.
That makes more sense. Just looked a weird thing to say today. If we're done, just say it. It'll save loads from staying up on the Stella and cocaine posting rage on here.

But now, with this post, you've given this demographic hope and meaning for their Friday evening.

Rejoice!

It is true

1000056707.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back