Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more good times incoming from Blue Bill, after his scran up with dodgy Danny…..
Sopel breaking the story is a bit mad like.

We really are a circus of a club - Thelwell must be laughing his head off - nice big wage and bugger all to do, as the super negotiator billy does all the deals.

Heard Bill was telling levy what great clubs like Everton would do…..£35 mill for Richy with winks thrown in, of course.

If he’s involved in negotiations now, and he was involved in negotiations back then, then it’s probably safe to assume he was involved in all the negotiations in between as well. Or does that not suit this particular narrative?
Do you know that for a fact?
You could just as easily say, when Mosh turned up, he was sidelined. Now he might be back doing transfer business under direction from our new dof.

Now. Not being funny like. But didn't we have a reputation under Bills watch of being hard negotiators?
Once we were out of the muck,.and not having to sell,.just to get through the next day. Pretty sure we did some amazing deals. Like Lescott and Stones to City. Lukaku to Utd and so on. With some astute buying.
It wouldn't worry me in the least if Bill is involved somehow.
The very same man who during the greatest prosperous era in football in this country had some very very dodgy loan deals that handicapped the club for over a decade.
Yeah we sold some players for decent money but we wasted all of it on a terrible terrible squad

Surely Bill has no say in transfers?
Agreed, any sale of this size. would have to be approved by the board and then approved by Moshiri.

If the stories about takeover talks are true then a sale like this would also have to be agreed by the new owners, otherwise Moshiri could theoretically sell all our better players and pocket the proceeds before selling and completely undermine the new owners.

Some more good times incoming from Blue Bill, after his scran up with dodgy Danny…..
Sopel breaking the story is a bit mad like.

We really are a circus of a club - Thelwell must be laughing his head off - nice big wage and bugger all to do, as the super negotiator billy does all the deals.

Heard Bill was telling levy what great clubs like Everton would do…..£35 mill for Richy with winks thrown in, of course.
Tbf Thelwell is the overviewer, his role is a bit more expansive to what Brands was doing. Think like the line manager of a team

You made a mountain over a molehill but I'll say no more as sadly there are people all over the werld who are only happy when they are bringing other people down.

On Brands - he was a failure, Kenwright was a failure they're both failures.

Thelwell hasn't even dusted off his coat and some are desperate to hound him because of who he happens to support. Same thing happened with the last manager which I'll say no more.
Ah yes, that little molehill that is racism.

Agree Brands and kenwright have both been failures. But if kenwright, moshiri continue to interfere, then Thelwall will be too. I've no idea who he supports, I just want him to be able to do his job. And that either does or doesn't include transfers. But I would suggest it does considering the last two DoFs it did.

I thought Sopel was an investigative journalist, why didn’t he find out what they were talking about ffs
Sopel is a Spurs fan. It's likely he personally knows Levy & possibly BK. He'll know more, it's intrigueing why he's made the tweet, but only mentions Richarlison. He'll have had a chat and been given the nod to what was acceptable to put out.

Now. Not being funny like. But didn't we have a reputation under Bills watch of being hard negotiators?
Once we were out of the muck,.and not having to sell, just to get through the next day. Pretty sure we did some amazing deals. Like Lescott and Stones to City. Lukaku to Utd and so on. With some astute buying.
It wouldn't worry me in the least if Bill is involved somehow.
If Bill is "Still" involved in any form of negotiations, You should be very concerned. His "what would Everton do" statement is quite frankly an embarrassment to him and us. He has overseen a basket case of a club and needs to be gone.

Why did we appoint Thelwell at all if Bill is still doing what he does?

The mind boggles at the pantomime we have become under his guardianship.

Mosh and Bill Out

I was addressing the point about us being 'southern softies' we are one of the only teams that has at least attempted to compete with the 'big boys'.

If we are 'softies' what dies that make all the other teams in the Premier League? Making-up-the-numberies?

We may have failed at the last hurdle on several occasions but at least we have finished 2nd and 3rd in the league a couple of times, reached the CL final and a few domestic cup finals. More than most other teams outside of the usual suspects.

As for age, I'm so old the last time I went in an antique shop the other customers thought I was part of the stock.
But according to a lot you are the big boys , you even wanted to join the super duper league . Essentially yes everyone except the winners are just cannon fodder. We've won a similar amount the past 30 odd years. We've both won the 5th-7th quite a lot . I only really see London and a shiny stadium you guys don't win anything . Sorry.

I wouldn’t say Spurs are Softies, always seem to play the right way and can beat anyone on their day (bar under Mourinho). Just never seem to break that barrier, no matter who you sign or what you spend you always seem to just be in that top 5/6. The CL final being a prime example, shocking display and you didn’t seem up for it and you’ll probably never get there again. With the players you’ve had in recent times you 100% should have some trophies in the last 20 years. If Kane doesn’t win something it’s a travesty really.

I wouldn’t say Softies but you do seem to be bottlers. Leicester season and CL final prime examples. Maybe that changes under Conte?
So you wouldn't swap their recent history for ours?

If we're targeting a similar 16th-placed finish, and his replacement can get 10-15 goals, yes. Anything other than that, not a chance! Gray was pathetic after Christmas and Gordon is barely a goal threat. DCL will need to rely on better support from midfield, so we need to hope we'll be strengthening there too.

Last season we had in my view a good goalkeeper, a league one standard defence, a championship midfield, and a PL level attack.

DCL barely played last season and if fit will normally return a similar number to Richarlison, so if we can get anyone in to support that attack it’s already at least equal to if not slightly better than last season (when Richarlison and Gray also missed large chunks)

The funds simply have to be diverted to other areas of the team though. We are crying out for a defensive midfielder and a good centre back. If Mykolenko gets injured we’re in serious trouble as well.

Will be interesting to see what Lampard does with Dele. If he’s going to start playing regularly he should be another source of goals. Richarlison going might mean we move to a formation that centres on Dele behind DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back