Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasnt for the financoal implicatons
May be a year in the championship would be
A breath of fresh air, surely we'd win 80% matches we could travel to different stadiums a nice jolly to blackpool
Rotherham away.. never been there.. get the kids involved get the enjoyemnt back into going the match the buzz the
Excitement
Devils advocate im palyng here mind, trying to find a ray of light
COYB WE CAN DO THIS!
It would be a disaster

A breath of fresh air, surely we'd win 80% matches we could travel to different stadiums a nice jolly to blackpool
Rotherham away.. never been there.. get the kids involved get the enjoyemnt back into going the match the buzz the
Excitement
COYB WE CAN DO THIS!
I'm not so sure about that. Teams in the Championship play more games on a quicker turnaround (weekend,midweek) its very competitive and they need to be very fit to cope with it. All things we are not very good at, especially the fitness side of things. I think we would get a bit of a shock to the system down there which is why we need to avoid it if possible.

Excitement
COYB WE CAN DO THIS!
As you said, the financial implications have stopped this sort of thought process!

It is the only option imo for the big reset!
We will never do the big reset by being a PL team and while we are building the stadium

Unfortunately the only real option is plod along again next year, we stay up, prepare for another dire season, as we are that badly ran, any sort of relegation would knock us way down!

I think to be honest though, we deserve it! (Not us fans, but the people running the club)

Maybe because we have no idea if 19 year old Onyango & 18 year old Price are up to the standard.
Doucoure is approaching 30, and in both seasons with us, missed a significant amount of game time
Even his keenest admirers have question marks over Davies also!

Well you get left with Doucoure and Davies in midfield both of whom are useless, I like Tom as he at least puts a bit of effort in but Doucoure would be one of the first out the door for me, he just isn't a PL footballer.

We'd have Doucoure and Davies as 3rd and 4th choice options and 5th choice beyond would be out of the u23s...

One we bring in 2 starters, thats more than 2 players a position when we need to improve across the pitch.

We'd have Doucoure and Davies as 3rd and 4th choice options and 5th choice beyond would be out of the u23s...

One we bring in 2 starters, thats more than 2 players a position when we need to improve across the pitch.
Agree to disagree then mate, I just don't think they are good enough even as 3rd and 4th choice especially Doucoure.

Agree to disagree then mate, I just don't think they are good enough even as 3rd and 4th choice especially Doucoure.

Would you sell every midfielder?

With the limited funds sales of those players would bring in + the need to bring in 2 centre backs and probably a right back + a forward.

Thats too much recycling for me...

Would you sell every midfielder?

With the limited funds sales of those players would bring in + the need to bring in 2 centre backs and probably a right back + a forward.

Thats too much recycling for me...
Nobody is off limits for me, we sell whoever we can get an offer for. None of these current players have shown that they are worthy of being kept on for any reason.

I think you are massively underestimating the players need or knowledge of wanting to move to a stable, functioning club!
Johnson & Spence will have other options, you mention Palace alot!
If it was between ourselves and Palace for either of those 2, I'm pretty sure the players will look at the job Palace have done with Mitchell, Guehi, Gallacher, Olise & Eze and believe that Palace is a better option for them!
The same would go for Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, Villa, West Ham....all are more secure, or appealing moves for players.

We also have to factor in the Jorrabchian/Moshiri factor of just choosing players from a certain stable of agency's
Well Eze joined palace who had finished 14th had an ageing team, played boring football and had a dour negative manager. So that maybe contradicts your argument.

Also I personally think Lampard will be a big pull for some players. We will see in the summer

What's the most signings made by a generally midtable team engaged in crisis during one transfer window and they were able evolve as a team? I agree with the general consensus of this thread that squad is wretched but people are talking about discarding like 7 or 8 players, no club can just bring in just bring that abundant amount of players in such a limited time and have them gel also the feasibility of recruitment in such a tight window is challenging as well. Unfortunately if we do rebuild our squad it's going to be a lengthy process.

I can see him buying 3 midfielders. Probably Gilmour, if we stay up, maybe the young lad from Derby who Lampard gave his debut to, Jason knight. He only has a year left and when they go down to div 1. He will probably be 5 mil at the most and then a more experienced one.

Davies will probably stay and maybe one other. With the youngster sent on loan

What's the most signings made by a generally midtable team engaged in crisis during one transfer window and they were able evolve as a team? I agree with the general consensus of this thread that squad is wretched but people are talking about discarding like 7 or 8 players, no club can just bring in just bring that abundant amount of players in such a limited time and have them gel also the feasibility of recruitment in such a tight window is challenging as well. Unfortunately if we do rebuild our squad it's going to be a lengthy process.
Palace are probably the most recent example. Lots of talk last year about ageing squad, dire football under Hodgson and numerous players out of contract in the summer, along with the long-serving manager. It can be done.

The big difference is that while they spent 60-70m net, we'll have to do the reverse due to the horrific accounts. Bosmans, loans and maybe one marquee signing, but only if DCL and Richarlison are sold for around market value. I really like the way they started off by signing a brand new central defensive partnership though.

Out: Sakho, McCarthy, Dann, Cahill, Van Aanholt, Townsend, Hennesey, Wickham
In: Guehi, Andersen, Olise, Gallagher, Hughes, Edouard

Relegation or not (praying not) I don't see a problem with Frank going full scorched earth, and gutting the squad of the more established senior pros who have done nothing but pick up wages since signing for us. If I never see the vast majority of these players ever wear the royal blue shirt again, it would be too soon. The only one I'd probably be a bit gutted about is Richy, and he ain't been pulling up trees for us.

Go for a complete reset and play the younger players we already have in the squad and u23s, plus use/abuse the loan market for decent up and coming talent like gilmour, Gallagher or those out of favour like lingard etc.

I really don't want us permanently signing the usual crap with "prem experience" - look where that's got us! We shouldnt be signing any player over 25, unless it's a real exception (James for example).

Try and get the best young players from the bottom half of the prem, the championship and other foreign leagues and build a team that can learn, fight and grow together.

Last edited:
Nobody is off limits for me, we sell whoever we can get an offer for. None of these current players have shown that they are worthy of being kept on for any reason.

I can see him buying 3 midfielders. Probably Gilmour, if we stay up, maybe the young lad from Derby who Lampard gave his debut to, Jason knight. He only has a year left and when they go down to div 1. He will probably be 5 mil at the most and then a more experienced one.

Davies will probably stay and maybe one other. With the youngster sent on loan

Relegation or not (praying not) I don't see a problem with Frank going full scorched earth, and gutting the squad of the more established senior pros who have done nothing but pick up wages since signing for us. If I never see the vast majority of these players ever wear the royal blue shirt again, it would be too soon. The only one I'd probably be a bit gutted about is Richy, and he ain't been pulling up trees for us.

Go for a complete reset and play the younger players we already have in the squad and u23s, plus use/abuse the loan market for decent up and coming talent like gilmour, Gallagher or those out of favour like lingard etc.

I really don't want us permanently signing the usual crap with "prem experience" - look where that's got us! We shouldnt be signing any player over 25, unless it's a real exception (James for example).

Try and get the best young players from the bottom half of the prem, the championship and other foreign leagues and build a team that can learn, fight and grow together.

I agree that if he can punt as many as possible + if him and Thelwell work well together then there could be a lot ot outs and ins.

However, I think its more likely that we go "scorched earth" on the centre backs (Keane, Holgate, Mina) and central midfielders (Gomes, Allan, Iwobi, Gbamin, Doucoure) rather than other positions. Davies i think will stay as hes been injured so wont have any takers.

Obviously their fees / wages off the books will enable us to reinvest -- but it wont be much.

I think the wide forward areas with Gray, Gordon, Richarlison, Dobbin, Townsend, Dele there could allow us to sell Gray or Richarlison to add to the funds.

I dont see much more happening aside from CB and CM...unless we go full on and punt DCL as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back