Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pienaar busted out at Dortmund mate - when they where crap, same with Arteta at Sociadad they hadn't proven a thing.
Arteta was decent at rangers when that league hadn't become a joke. Cahill proved his value at Millwall; Reid at Bolton and Gray at Leicester.

Gilmour cant serioulsy be placed in that bracket of player.

What's happening here is a fanbase panicked into believing they'll get no incoming players and therefore they're dropping off their standards a notch or three to allow players rejected by other PL clubs to come into consideration.

End of last season when we beat Palace: if this lad's name had come up as player for us there's have been disgust expressed.

We dont have a lot of wages to play with.

We earned less prize money last season and we lost USM money, that will offset the wages.

All last season we had supporters pointing to this summer rubbing their hands that we'd have wages freed up...we reach that point and a lot of them start making excuses for that not to be the case.

You;ve had Moshiri saying there'll be players bought - well let them sort out good ones and stop facilitating them settling for tat.

Ok I’ll try to give you my idea of how I see Gilmour used to his best potential, through the medium of mime. ?‍♂️
Ok using the Scotland squad, because I know you guys and gals are always interested in the Scotland team. Ok

MacGregor Gilmour McTominay
Tierney
That’s a midfield 4, or 1/3
Tierney I have as a defensive midfielder, because we don’t have a decent one at the moment. He’s there to provide protection for the back 4
McTominay as a box to box midfielder, his natural position. McTominay likes to drift into space, receive a pass then drive forward.
McGregor is a clever footballer, I’m some was similar to Gilmour, when Gilmour receives the ball, McGregor is usually no more than 5 yards away. He always tries to position himself for a short pass.
Perhaps in a season or two the aforementioned Turnbull will take McGregors place. He’s a bit different from McGregor, more direct, more of a goal threat.
I’d have a 2nd striker, John McGinn who can roam, drop deep, find pockets of space, link up play. An out an out Centre Forward.
Fullbacks- Robertson and Patterson.
That’s the way I see Gilmour operating at his best. Options short and long.

How?

It's literally his job. You have one plan for relegation, mainly sales, contract renegotiations with existing players and looking to pick up championship level players. And another plan if we manage to stay up, selling Richarlison and maybe Kean to balance the books and lining up a replacement for Richie and players for the utterly obvious holes in the squad. There were only two scenarios, ffs.

It's hardly Dr Strange at the end of Infinity War.
Completely agree. Long before the Palace game our DOF & Frank should have been able to have a general plan of action for (A) staying up and (B) going down.

They've both been there long enough to know who they'd like to keep if we stay up, who is likely to move on either way, who will have to move on if we get relegated and what players or types of players they'd like to sign based on the probable budget we're likely to have for both scenarios.

It doesn't have to be pinpoint stuff or set in stone, but it's also not rocket science and is exactly the sort of thing you'd expect any pragmatic, forward-thinking, well-run club to do so they could go into the window moving as swiftly as possible, all on the same page. Not drifting between this guy or that guy the middle of July.

Ok I’ll try to give you my idea of how I see Gilmour used to his best potential, through the medium of mime. ?‍♂️
Ok using the Scotland squad, because I know you guys and gals are always interested in the Scotland team. Ok

MacGregor Gilmour McTominay
Tierney
That’s a midfield 4, or 1/3
Tierney I have as a defensive midfielder, because we don’t have a decent one at the moment. He’s there to provide protection for the back 4
McTominay as a box to box midfielder, his natural position. McTominay likes to drift into space, receive a pass then drive forward.
McGregor is a clever footballer, I’m some was similar to Gilmour, when Gilmour receives the ball, McGregor is usually no more than 5 yards away. He always tries to position himself for a short pass.
Perhaps in a season or two the aforementioned Turnbull will take McGregors place. He’s a bit different from McGregor, more direct, more of a goal threat.
I’d have a 2nd striker, John McGinn who can roam, drop deep, find pockets of space, link up play. An out an out Centre Forward.
Fullbacks- Robertson and Patterson.
That’s the way I see Gilmour operating at his best. Options short and long.

How's this relevant to us. None of those players play for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back