Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually on record or just being reported? Like has he actually been quoted as saying that? Btw, Forest are paying him £190k a week mate... £190k a week for Jesse Lingard. Are you suggesting we should have matched that offer?

I don't think we know on the other two. Can you link me the Nunes quotes? We had him all lined up last year, Rafael pulled the plug on that one, but aye he was never ever a target this year, that was nonsense in the Portuguese media. Broja, maybe he would have been interested had we been able to match West Ham's offer to Chelsea? But I think West Ham right now have one over on us, sadly - they have European football, he'll be staying in London and are a stable club. We aren't.

I think relegation is a danger, of course I do, but that doesn't mean I'm dead set on it definitely happening, it's a long old season and it's not started yet, so honestly after the stress of March-May I'm simply refusing to stress in July. It's not healthy.,
Do you think the nunes links last year were valid? Since we only ended up spending about one and half million that window. Did we have the finances to actually pull off that deal?

Christ, I didn't realise it was that serious.

Signing dross players on big wages and transfer fee's, have seriously done a number on you're finances.

Effectively we tried to bridge the gap too fast with zero football people at the club mate

Roughly 90m in 6 or so years spent on manager compensation packages, 6 managers in 7 seasons, 3 DoF in 5 seasons, players recruited by each if those managers, DoF and some by the owner on top.

Several Different 'strategies'
Pursue the best player from a crap team regardless of cost till you get him. (Child lover and Williams, Dacoure, Keane, Richarlison)

Pursue players from the best sides in the world (who can't get in those sides) and pay a premium to get the 'name - James, Mina, Gomes, Allan, Dele etc.

Target free agent 'bargains' or low buyout ones and psy like they are in demand from elite clubs, Sandro, Bernard.

Panick/Whim buys for world class fees for zero reason - Iwobi, Tosun.

Target names and pay like you are getting the elite players they where once touted to be rather than the busted flush player they where - Walcott, Bolasie, Schneiderlein.

Massively overpay on 'potential' - Kean, Godfrey, Mykolenko, Patterson.

That's basically the EFC transfer strategy in a nutshell, in s few instances yup they turned out ok, but say even fir Richy, the basic strategy of overpaying literally mean we turned a 10m profit on a Brazil under 21 player who scired about 5/goals who is now starting up front for Brazil and has scored about 80 goals in the league now.

ship 'em off to Squid Game. Rondon can crash through either side of glass bridge and Andre Gomes can try to out-pace the old bloke in red light green light
I’d love to see our squad being forced to participate in a football-based Squid Game. I reckon they’d all end up minced in a giant blender.

Why are you guys not in for Grillitsch, comfortably one of the better midfielders on the market, and going for free.

In talk's with Brighton like, but he'd be a good pick-up

Kamara would've been quality on a free, such a missed opportunity
Both players moving to clubs we want to be overtaking who already had stronger midfields than us anyway. Could have had a couple of actual functioning midfielders who have the ability to both pass a ball and defend on free transfers.

Seeing Villa bring in Kamara, Palace bring in Cheick Doucoure, Leeds bring in Roca and now Brighton potentially bringing in Grillitsch while we're testing out Tom Davies and a 19 year old, who's never played above League Two, is a bit frustrating.

goddamn greedy 'ballers wanting paying every week! what's the world come to?!

I miss the days when they'd do it just for a crisp hi-five from blue Billy in the tunnel...
Wouldn't surprise me if part of the football strategy review was to recruit players who didn't cost us any money. Its quite funny how we refer to Bill in the past tense like an older relative we used to buzz off only to realise he Is ACTUALLY still involved in transfers, I mean if that doesn't tell you how F@.... Sorry meant screwed up this club is then nothing really will. Until recently I thought he was long retired.

Not sure thats totally true. As in, day to day, Usmanov was not that involved. He carried influence, sure, and some input, (Ancelotti), but once he was sanctioned, Moshiri had no choice to remove the obvious finances from the club. USM basically.

But the long game reason why they got involved was/is the Liverpool Waters development, where the new ground is book ending with the Liver building. That hasnt gone away. How they now finance the remaining build, and what they can do to max out on The Waters, heavens only knows now though.

In a nutshell, Everton convinced the PL that a £350 million loss, actually, wasnt. It was more like about £84m. Below the £105m allowed.

Hence, why we needed to sell Richy, LAST accounting year, and be a bit careful/cooperative for the forseeable.

Mate the Liverpool waters thing is and always was entire bs, they wanted a footy club, why where they trying for arsenal for so long, it's a fable presented by some people which they've stuck too

You think Usmanov honestly thought hey Liverpool waters I'll make a few bob more there then I do selling steel, telecoms or the half billion quid I made via Facebook?

We could do worse than signing Gordon Wankshaft from Carlisle United. Only 31, scored 17 goals over the last four seasons and at just 10 stone 3lbs wet through, is unlikely to pick up many bookings or red cards.

*Logs on to check transfer news.

Logs off.

We don't understand this one either. Should absolutely be in for him.
On paper it feels like we should be in for him but then got to ask why if such a good midfielder is available for free did Fiorentina pull out and his only interest now is Brighton and two Turkish clubs? Something doesn't add up - attitude / injury concerns / absurd demands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back