Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.
Maupay will bag a few. In McNeil and Garner we’ve got a couple of decent set piece takers and hopefully the strikers, plus the grock twins at the back and Onana can benefit a couple of goals apiece from that over the course of the season (I might be wrong but I feel like we were very low on set piece goals last year?)

Gordon is already well on his way to his best scoring season and I’d like to think the newfound energy in our midfield will result in them getting a few.

Patterson looks good at getting forward from a RB position and maybe Ruby Vinegar will be given a crack if Myko can’t replicate that on the left.

Of course we need more forwards but I think we can eke out enough extra goals from the team to just about keep the wolves from the door.

Comparing second half of last season to first half of this season.....

Patterson is a big improvement on near retirement Coleman

Tarks and Coady a big upgrade on centre back partnership of last season

Gana, Onana and Garner make sure we dont see Gomes, Davies (much) and Allan (much). Even Doucoure will struggle for game time.

Up front, swapping Richie for Maupay is downgrade but Richie missed a lot of games last season for various reasons and only caught fire at the death. Mc Neil strikes me as a poor shot on the recruitment front. But Gordon is incomparable to what he was last season.

It is hard to imagine DCL missing as much as he did last season and if he gets fit and plays, it is a paradigm shifter. Townsend on one leg is a quality crosser for DCL come Halloween.

There might be a bit of logic in not going bananas because with the world cup, there are only 11 playing weeks to the next window.

It would be great to get a wide forward or two in but if Lampard gets the system right with a 4-3-3, we will be fine until we add one or two in January.

If he insists on 5-3-2, we will be in trouble regardless.

That is the real danger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back