Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we're led to believe in the media at the time they are club not player targets.
They are allegedly, but then I'm looking at the italian table and I'm still not sat comfortably. Plus it's all hearsay from the press for just how easy they are

From what we're led to believe in the media at the time they are club not player targets.
Think I remember that if they qualify for the champions league then the transfer is clause is met.

I watched Juve vs Torino the other night and Juve looked very poor, with Kean coming on and looking as bad as he usually does. They are in 4th three points ahead of Atalanta who have a few games in hand I think.

True but can you imagine any club agreeing to a loan obligation that's say "score 15 goals" when the loan club can just not play him enough to trigger it.
Tbf that's what Spurs have basically done with Dele. I think the likeliest scenario is PSG take over the deal and would feel much more comfortable with Juve negotiating that than our people

Tbf that's what Spurs have basically done with Dele. I think the likeliest scenario is PSG take over the deal and would feel much more comfortable with Juve negotiating that than our people

They've done it in terms of when the money lands but he can't rock up back at Spurs if he's poop here. Distinct difference in who owns Dele and Kean.

impossible task when Alan went off. should really have kept to the 6 role from then on but instinct kicked in as there was no one else from midfield getting things moving forward. Gordon needed that platform but it never came. Gomes just refuse to rotate into an effective 6. lessons hopefully learnt.

for me the best midfield set up for the club, it just makes sense, is a 6 and two 8s
with players like Douc and Ali to come on when a tactical switch is needed.
the quality of the 8s to defend as well as attack is key to getting back on track - as Frank says, in order 'to play through the pressure'.

If the board is serious its all about spending big (only) on a 6 and 8s, before anything else is achieved.
It should be the final roll of the dice for them, time to move on if they can't achieve it.

Any ideas Zat on who these players could realistically be?

Just moved my reply into the transfer thread.

Its going to depend on the 3 or 4 at the back formation of course, for the type of player.

I think we need a player able to take the ball from the defence who is also a good all rounder...I'd say Kamara (Marseille) who is on a free this summer along with two central midfielders who would be ideal as anchor type DMs (or box to box) with contracts expiring in 2023 Gravenberch (Ajax) and Bissouma (Brighton).

Although i could see Lampard after more of a pure ball player like Gilmour and Douglas Luiz whose contracts also expire in 2023.

The one player I would love us to sign would be Conor Gallagher (Chelsea) who has been really good at Palace.

I think the signing of Alli points to us playing a number 10 next season and, if thats the case having Bissouma and Gallagher behind him (for example) would give us energy, drive, technique and defensive steel as well...Doucoure the rotation option for the two of them and a young player as backup e.g Onyango.

Its a difficult question to answer what Lampard will do as I also think he may want a deep playmaker unless we buy a top class ball playing centre back.

Edit: Id also like to see VDB make the 6 role his this season and if so a deal done at £20mil...which then adds value to Gravenberch being a target.

Its going to depend on the 3 or 4 at the back formation of course, for the type of player.

I think we need a player able to take the ball from the defence who is also a good all rounder...I'd say Kamara (Marseille) who is on a free this summer along with two central midfielders who would be ideal as anchor type DMs (or box to box) with contracts expiring in 2023 Gravenberch (Ajax) and Bissouma (Brighton).

Although i could see Lampard after more of a pure ball player like Gilmour and Douglas Luiz whose contracts also expire in 2023.

The one player I would love us to sign would be Conor Gallagher (Chelsea) who has been really good at Palace.

I think the signing of Alli points to us playing a number 10 next season and, if thats the case having Bissouma and Gallagher behind him (for example) would give us energy, drive, technique and defensive steel as well...Doucoure the rotation option for the two of them and a young player as backup e.g Onyango.

Its a difficult question to answer what Lampard will do as I also think he may want a deep playmaker unless we buy a top class ball playing centre back.

Edit: Id also like to see VDB make the 6 role his this season and if so a deal done at £20mil...which then adds value to Gravenberch being a target.
Yeah Luiz and Kamara, what players.
Not sure about Donnie at 6
Fantasy midfield : McKennie Luiz VDB, nothing much will get through them and Richarlison, Grey DCL would be bagging 60 between them.

Whatever they end up spending they reall need to spend the majority on midfield, nothing changes until they do.
You can get lucky and get wingers lie Gray, but not midfielders.

Yeah Luiz and Kamara, what players.
Not sure about Donnie at 6
Fantasy midfield : McKennie Luiz VDB, nothing much will get through them and Richarlison, Grey DCL would be bagging 60 between them.

Whatever they end up spending they reall need to spend the majority on midfield, nothing changes until they do.
You can get lucky and get wingers lie Gray, but not midfielders.
???

I think Lampard will go for some leaders in the summer with his comments after the Saints game. Especially a commanding CB & CM. The spine of the team has been dreadful for years.

I see us getting rid of some dross in the summer and plenty of contracts run down anyway. Big rebuild again.

I’m not quite sure losing both Richy and DCL and using that money to rebuild would really be that bad tbh.

That Gravenberch looks f'in brilliant btw

Think I remember that if they qualify for the champions league then the transfer is clause is met.

I watched Juve vs Torino the other night and Juve looked very poor, with Kean coming on and looking as bad as he usually does. They are in 4th three points ahead of Atalanta who have a few games in hand I think.
Saw that match.
Love Torino.
Proper historic club with classless gibbershyites as neighbours.
Moise hair performed on the nite.
And I enjoyed his slightly edgy, I could be the Italian Kayne onda.

He is a fraud of a footballer though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back