Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure we would have too if he under contract, remember he not been charged for anything yet
Contracts cover eventualities like this (although we are Everton so maybe not)
If being under investigation means he is not available then we won't be paying him (at least not anywhere near his full salary).

Were within FFP rules.

We should be better off than last season with so many players having left / about to leave.

If we can tie those 3 down then great...if not then we have money to spend from their sales.

The defining area is going to be selling the deadwood....

Kean
Keane
Gomes
Gbamin
Allan
Gray

Etc etc...

Not sure you understand Deadwood.

Also why would we sell Gray? Unless just for a large profit due to the fee we paid but he’s certainly a useful Player to have in the team.

Also why would we sell Gray? Unless just for a large profit due to the fee we paid but he’s certainly a useful Player to have in the team.
We don't but if someone makes an offer then we do. He certainly should not be a starter imo. He is a poor player who has a low ceiling level and what you have seen this season is what you get with him, its flashes and starts. He is a bench player and no more going forward, same as Coleman imo.

We don't but if someone makes an offer then we do. He certainly should not be a starter imo. He is a poor player who has a low ceiling level and what you have seen this season is what you get with him, its flashes and starts. He is a bench player and no more going forward, same as Coleman imo.

I get what you are saying, but the way I see us right now, that kind of player is exactly our level for at least a couple seasons. Our squad will still be mainly inconsistent and/or slightly above average players whilst we try to build up. I’ve no particular interest in Gray staying or going, and I presume we will take reasonable offers for almost all our players but a recently almost relegated club with financial issues that are aiming to get back to mid table security absolutely does sound like the kind of place Gray would be starting a lot of games

The key to us improving is likely the performance of any youngsters that get their chance in this period along with any actual key signings we are able to make. The rest of the squad I just hope gives us new faces in the “inconsistent/average” bracket as we are all sick of many of them. But some of them will still be around

Exactly.
The lad cost 1.25m. He's chipped in with goals and assists. Did you see his reaction after he sent in the inch perfect free kick for DCL's goal? He was delighted
We do need an overhaul as my 44year old heart can't take another season like that however we still need decent squad options and Gray is certainly one of them

Players like Gray are perfect for a rebuild, we can’t just get rid of everyone at once. He’s reliable and a decent player. He struggled in the second half of the season but he strikes me as a player that needs to be enjoying his football. A pre season may do him the world of good. He will start some games and start some on the bench, I’d keep him. He has a moment of magic in him.

Exactly.
The lad cost 1.25m. He's chipped in with goals and assists. Did you see his reaction after he sent in the inch perfect free kick for DCL's goal? He was delighted
We do need an overhaul as my 44year old heart can't take another season like that however we still need decent squad options and Gray is certainly one of them
Was going to say that cross for the winner is something Gordon couldn't do and fans love him

Exactly.
100%

No way Gray goes. Neither will Michael Keane. We will likely lose DCL or Richarlison. Selling Mina would be the sensible thing to do, and I think Allan and Gomes will likely go too. Plus all the lads out of contract obviously.

You keep Mina all day long. He is clearly one of the "motivators" and sources of positivity in the dressing room. People forget about that side of it. Just make his contract more appearance bonus heavy.

We need players in defence and midfield who are comfortable on the ball and energetic otherwise we will be here next season.

Who they are dont know, possibly that Gallagher fella from chelsea

Even without sales, we need a CB, CM and ST desperately.

And then replacements for those first teamers who will leave (DCL and Richy).

I personally would ship Keane, think he is a liability. Need to send a message that if you're not good enough, you're not good enough. He is championship quality

Status
Not open for further replies.