Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure CB are exempt from being young fit and athletic tbh. The rest fit the category

I think we need to realise the position we are in financially and what we have to work with this summer and it may be championship players or steady established CB who have played premier league for a long period.

We are yet again rebuilding but Frank needs time. No one had heard of Mason Mount or Reece James before Frank

There is also absolutely zero point signing in older cbs who've already reached there ceiling and who are frankly no real improvement on what we have,that's exactly why we are in the mess of a squad we have now

Is Tarkowski much better than Keane, Is Coady much better than Holgate, not really at all.

Stick Keane in the Burnley team the way they play and he'd look as good (in fact he did which is why we bought him).

Coady can't play in a back 4 so already a huge limitation, Tarkowski can't play unless he's sitting deep.

Neither at all fit the way Lampard will want to play going forwards

There is also absolutely zero point signing in older cbs who've already reached there ceiling and who are frankly no real improvement on what we have,that's exactly why we are in the mess of a squad we have now

Is Tarkowski much better than Keane, Is Coady much better than Holgate, not really at all.

Stick Keane in the Burnley team the way they play and he'd look as good (in fact he did which is why we bought him).

Coady can't play in a back 4 so already a huge limitation, Tarkowski can't play unless he's sitting deep.

Neither at all fit the way Lampard will want to play going forwards
None of us know how Lampard will play going forward tbf, everything so far has been about staying up.

None of us know how Lampard will play going forward tbf, everything so far has been about staying up.

Well look at how he set up to play in both previous jobs and listen to what he says about how he likes to play and it gives more thsn a good indicator that it's not sitting deep with 30% possession and 60% passing accuracy

Seems like Villa and that lot from over the park have started already.....

The other lot signed Carvalho from Fulham too..

Not sure if they are free agents' yet, but near end of contracts?

"There seems to be Grass on the Wicket, so lets play ball!"

*edit, not sure it is actually open yet tho

From you wirte seems like some make up their own rules. You can bet if we did that, what would happen ?

Seems like Villa and that lot from over the park have started already.....

The other lot signed Carvalho from Fulham too..

Not sure if they are free agents' yet, but near end of contracts?

"There seems to be Grass on the Wicket, so lets play ball!"

*edit, not sure it is actually open yet tho
Good young player but by all accounts has an ego the size of a planet so should fit in well at Mordor then.

He stated last night we have a list of

Brennan Johnson
Connor Coady
James Tarkowski
Levi Colwill
Conor Gallagher
Jacob Greaves
Eddie Nketiah

Lampard at Derby and Chelsea wanted a young, fit and active team who would run and work. Most of these fit the criteria, especially the midfielders

I would like Ruben Loftus Cheek but he isnt quoted on the list, neither is Billy Gilmour

That list to me is quite decent

Id be thrilled with Colwill, Gallagher and Johnson.

Add a defensive midfielder and i'd be really happy with that going into next season...if we didnt sell our better players.

I thought about Nkounkou the young left back but he’s such a big unknown it’s hard to say. We could do a lot worse judging him on his appearances pre-loan, he looked full of potential!

Agreed on right back and putting faith in Patterson, but his injury and lack of game time is a worry. If we had to prioritise funds, right back would be down the pecking order.

The DCL/Rich predicament is going to rumble on all summer, but I imagine Rich’s FFP value has dropped to around £10m now at a guess? I’d say he’s comfortably worth £10m more than DCL right now, and will have a lot more interest. Gray is too useful as a squad player so I’d hope he stays.

Utilising Lampard’s connections, and possibly our connections with Barca (transfers recently)/ Real (Carlo) we should be able to get some great young players.

If we can’t get Gallagher, who is the next Gallagher? Under Martinez we were creative to fill gaps (Barry, Rom, Del), more of the same is needed.
I think we sell both Richy and DCL

Well look at how he set up to play in both previous jobs and listen to what he says about how he likes to play and it gives more thsn a good indicator that it's not sitting deep with 30% possession and 60% passing accuracy
Oh i have no doubt we want to have more possession of the ball, thats down to individual players not being good enough imo. I was more on about whether we will stick with the 3 at the back or a 4 at the back. I can see us sticking with 3 which with the right players won't be an issue imo. All comes down to recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.