Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoys me is Siggy been picking up a huge pay packet each month and not playing all year. Did he have a deal with the Icelandic Police ?

It does at the moment but I watch a fair bit of the Championship and id say over the longer term he will be a better player than Johnson.
I'm pretty sure the £30million for him would probably be a lot less up front!

But then again that depends on the reporters, Luiz Diaz cost the reds £10 million according to some rags, while at the same time Erling Haaland is costing £350 million, after they add in the gas bills he will be paying and food at the training ground

Now that the relief that we've survived has worn off, I'm very curious (and somewhat) apprehensive to see which direction Frank approaches the summer transfer window.

Does he give the green light to allow a mass exodus of the dead-wood, useless turds we have? Or does he believe that, over the summer and with a full pre-season programme he can train these players to play HIS way?

I'm begging and hoping it's not the latter. The scale of the rebuild is astronomical and Frank and the board need to prepare as soon as possible. Priority must be with the back-line and work your way up from there.

I'm pretty sure the £30million for him would probably be a lot less up front!

But then again that depends on the reporters, Luiz Diaz cost the reds £10 million according to some rags, while at the same time Erling Haaland is costing £350 million, after they add in the gas bills he will be paying and food at the training ground
Doesn't really matter if its only £1m upfront at some point in the future you still will have to pay the full whack eventually and tbh when West Ham were linked with him in the Jan window the reports were suggesting closer to £40m anyway. KLP is out of our league imo.

Now that the relief that we've survived has worn off, I'm very curious (and somewhat) apprehensive to see which direction Frank approaches the summer transfer window.

Does he give the green light to allow a mass exodus of the dead-wood, useless turds we have? Or does he believe that, over the summer and with a full pre-season programme he can train these players to play HIS way?

I'm begging and hoping it's not the latter. The scale of the rebuild is astronomical and Frank and the board need to prepare as soon as possible. Priority must be with the back-line and work your way up from there.
It’s not a case of “allowing” an exodus. That implies that there’s a big queue of clubs wanting sign our “dead-wood, useless turds”.

There isn’t.

Parlour was saying he'd clear out Lampard and his coaching staff and start again from fresh next season, with a new man in sooner rather than later to get a full pre season.

What nonsense, Lampard and his staff know the players now, who to get rid of, who to keep and what is needed. So give give some one new all pre season to catch up, Parlour speaking out of his rear end. Last thing we need is another manager sacking and paying out compo.

Status
Not open for further replies.