Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he played like Dawson has this season I’d be delighted. He’s been outstanding for West Ham.
Think that would be the idea. West Ham would have dropped even more if it weren't for Dawson this season. The worry is that is more of an anomaly, and I've become more convinced than ever that you have to consider durability in recruitment, and age comes into that in a big way. Signing a soon to be 30 year old has a higher bust potential.

But with that being said, I think on a free he'd be a really good upgrade on Keane. He's better at everything and, most importantly, has a much better mentality. Granted I didn't watch Burnley every week, but he had to take on the leadership role and hold them together after Mee went down. As others have said, goals for were Burnley's main problem.

Probably not universally popular but I’d have Tarkowski for sure. Totally lack a composed, defensive leader when Mina is out. After a season where we’ve totally failed to grind any results, especially away, here’s an experienced grinder on a free transfer. Obviously we should primarily target younger players but not totally at the expense of experience. Look at the difference the composure of Delph made when he came in.
Yep same.

We obviously aren’t going to have an unlimited amount of money so there will have to be some creative transfers in some area. I don’t mind tarkowski at all if it means we can spend money elsewhere .

I think you saw the impact having a passable defensive midfield in Delph had on our defence. Concentrate the money in midfield , since I think it’s in a worse state than our defence tbh

Mina is valued at 18m on transfermarkt, yes, I know its not a bible, but think we could blag somebody for 15m personally.
I agree that it should be possible to shift Mina for a fee . Maybe not £15m but perhaps £10m and that would imo be a decent move given his injury record.

Status
Not open for further replies.