Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkowski on a free is hardly an exciting transfer, but he would easily be our best centre half.

Keane is very hit and miss. Godfrey makes way too many mistakes and his best games are at left back. Holgate is quite inconsistent - finished the season well but started off pretty terribly. Branthwaite needs a loan. Mina can;t stay fit so should be sold.

Yes a lot depends on who we move out.

The thing with Keane is, he is inconsistent. I don't mean game to game, but he goes on good or bad runs. I remember in lockdown he was one of our best players. The same next to Zouma, but then you get season's like this, where he is hopeless. Tarkwoski seems a more consistent player, and maintains performance whoever is his partner, which will help.

He kind of fits what we need. As you say our defenders are younger, Holgate 25, Godfrey 24, Brainthwaite 20. 2 of the 3 of them not the biggest. They need a leader/organiser to help them develop too. Keane just isn't that guy.

This will probably sound a bit odd, but if it's Mina out Tarkowski in, and no buyer for Keane is found, Keane next to Tarkowski is probably much better as well (like he was next to Mina). He can just play his own game.

In general, I want us to bring in younger players, but sometimes you make an exception, and this feels like one of those times. He ticks most of the boxes I'd want in a CB if we can move Mina on. He plays most of the games too which helps. To me he just slots in and resolves a lot of our defensive problems.

Especially true this if Patterson is slated to be the starter next season as that would put both fullbacks at 20-22 without much experience at this level

Not sure why people are so against this, if its 90k a week and a free transfer thats good business he'd be the best CB we have. Burnley had a defense that concedes as much as teams finishing around 5th-7th and hes the leader and best player in that backline

I think Tarkowski will end up at Newcastle anyway, but the wages quoted seem insane £120k per week when he's on about £50k a week now. I know players who sign on a free normally get a good deal, but that seems over the top, for him.

Maybe I am wrong though, with Tosun, Delph, Kenny and Sigurdsson leaving, it frees up £255k per week from the wage bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.