Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 3-4-3 is the case then players likes of Allan, Alli, Doucoure, Gbamin and Davies will all be surplus to requirements, none capable of playing in a 2. Iwobi will be permanent RWB, to me that is a massive waste.

The team that plays 2 in CM well is Spurs with Hojberg and Bentancur, both big, physical, mobile and they can play a bit. We have no one like that nor are we likely to be able to afford players like that.

There's an argument that all of those players aren't up to it in any formation though

The formation is not the major issue, it is, and has been for a long-time the players. Our midfield has been shocking for years. If you have the playerts for it, 343 or 352 is fine. If we plan on playing that as a base tactic next season, then in the summer we have to get rid of those who can't kick a ball.

Gomes - crap
Allan - cant run.
Delph - on a free
Davies - crap
Doucoure - can run, but cant control a ball.
Alli - could potentially play off the striker but in a 2man midfield, no.
Gbamin - lol

I'd get rid of 5 out of 7 personally. I think its fairly obvious which 5 as well.

There's an argument that all of those players aren't up to it in any formation though

The formation is not the major issue, it is, and has been for a long-time the players. Our midfield has been shocking for years.
Shocking or just non existent? We get absolutely nothing from midfield going forward or defending. They’re bypassed both ways.

Reactions: JLW

If 3-4-3 is the case then players likes of Allan, Alli, Doucoure, Gbamin and Davies will all be surplus to requirements, none capable of playing in a 2. Iwobi will be permanent RWB, to me that is a massive waste.

The team that plays 2 in CM well is Spurs with Hojberg and Bentancur, both big, physical, mobile and they can play a bit. We have no one like that nor are we likely to be able to afford players like that.
And to think we scoffed at Hojbjerg….

While they wouldn't be my first choices for CBs, it's really not a bad strategy as we simply won't have much money to spend. A free transfer and a loan (I assume) to bring in reinforcements would allow us to splash whatever cash we do have on 2 competent midfielders.
Just hope loan to buy for Colwill.

Simms going back to hearts next season it seems
Screenshot_20220523-194519_Instagram.jpg

The formation is not the major issue, it is, and has been for a long-time the players. Our midfield has been shocking for years. If you have the playerts for it, 343 or 352 is fine. If we plan on playing that as a base tactic next season, then in the summer we have to get rid of those who can't kick a ball.

Gomes - crap
Allan - cant run.
Delph - on a free
Davies - crap
Doucoure - can run, but cant control a ball.
Alli - could potentially play off the striker but in a 2man midfield, no.
Gbamin - lol

I'd get rid of 5 out of 7 personally. I think its fairly obvious which 5 as well.
I agree players aren`t good enough, Alli looked superb against Palace in a 4-3-3 and lost in the 5-2-3. We could play a 5-3-2 but then you are making Gray, Gordon and Townsend redundant with Richy going up top with DCL.....

I`m of the opinion that to control a game you control the midfield and we want to give that up and play wide or along the back 3 when most teams play with narrow formations.

The 5-2-3 is a very very limited formation and will never work at Everton, Lampard will be sacked if he persists along this route, vault me....

I agree players aren`t good enough, Alli looked superb against Palace in a 4-3-3 and lost in the 5-2-3. We could play a 5-3-2 but then you are making Gray, Gordon and Townsend redundant with Richy going up top with DCL.....

I`m of the opinion that to control a game you control the midfield and we want to give that up and play wide or along the back 3 when most teams play with narrow formations.

The 5-2-3 is a very very limited formation and will never work at Everton, Lampard will be sacked if he persists along this route, vault me....
I also feel he will sacrifice the start of next season with that formation only to find out he is wrong and revert to 4-3-3...

Status
Not open for further replies.