Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volume matters. He can do it but largely doesn't.

Id admit, he had a stop, start second season syndrome via a chronic illness and injury, but Ive rated him even before we signed him. TBH I think he’s ideal in a back three particularly covering a full back, he has the recovery pace, physicality, presence and skills. High hopes for him next season, he looked the part year 1.

Last edited:

This didn't really happen.

I get it, the pressure was on so he couldn't do anything else. I'm happy to let you all believe that. I do not.

Well it did. Unless I imagined all those times that Coleman went down the line so Iwobi tucked infield and tried to link with the forwards. Sure he also went wide a few times as well but it was almost an equal split in the attacking build up down that flank whether it would be Gordon down the line and Iwobi infield or Iwobi wider and Gordon infield. When we lost the ball Iwobi got back into a wingback area.

So yes they’re slightly different but only to give us a bit of extra solidity at the back. The fact we could go so easily between the two in the Palace game shows that the players were comfortable with the system.

As others have pointed out unless you’re a top 6 team throwing 100s of mills around, any manager who sticks rigidly to the one formation gets found out and is eventually in a relegation scrap. See Bielsa Dyche

Well it did. Unless I imagined all those times that Coleman went down the line so Iwobi tucked infield and tried to link with the forwards. Sure he also went wide a few times as well but it was almost an equal split in the attacking build up down that flank whether it would be Gordon down the line and Iwobi infield or Iwobi wider and Gordon infield. When we lost the ball Iwobi got back into a wingback area.

So yes they’re slightly different but only to give us a bit of extra solidity at the back. The fact we could go so easily between the two in the Palace game shows that the players were comfortable with the system.

As others have pointed out unless you’re a top 6 team throwing 100s of mills around, any manager who sticks rigidly to the one formation gets found out and is eventually in a relegation scrap. See Bielsa Dyche
I think you're basically combining the times we actually played 4-3-3 with the times we played 5-2-3. When Iwobi was a wingback he was a wingback. No fancy moving around.

Richarlison being a part of Brazil's lineup is a lot less nailed on than people keep making it out to be.

Honestly if he doesn't play well early next year his spot in the squad is far from secure I'd say.

Do you like any part of Everton?

You don’t like Frank

You’ve blasted Pickford every game he’s not making three world class saves

Now you’re writing Richy out the Brazil team

I mean I hate the players more than anyone but is there anything you actually like about the club?

Capture.jpg

Formations Lampard used at Chelsea.

Hes only used 3 at the back to grind out results and he will try his best to purchase players to make 1 of the top 3 work, IMO.
This pleases me so I’m choosing to believe it.

Do you like any part of Everton?

You don’t like Frank

You’ve blasted Pickford every game he’s not making three world class saves

Now you’re writing Richy out the Brazil team

I mean I hate the players more than anyone but is there anything you actually like about the club?
Everton are not in good shape.

That survey? The only positive answer was about the stadium.

So right now no because there isn't much to like.

Ultimately my criticism is out of a place of caring and wanting to see it do better though.

Capture.jpg

Formations Lampard used at Chelsea.

Hes only used 3 at the back to grind out results and he will try his best to purchase players to make 1 of the top 3 work, IMO.

Technically the 4-3-3 turns into a 3-4-3 when we have the ball.

If we had a credible defensive midfielder to drop into the back 3 I imagine we'd have gone with 4-3-3 rather than the 3 centre backs as we have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.