Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think one of Dom or Richy will have to go to fund a rebuild. Would hope it's Dom tbh.

I think we can manage this summer by being smart.

Selling Kean + Gbamin in addition to one of Mina/Keane and possibly a Gomes on top of those out of contract would probably allow us to bring in say 4-5 signings with 1-2 of them likely loans/free signings like Tarkowski.

I think we can manage this summer by being smart.

Selling Kean + Gbamin in addition to one of Mina/Keane and possibly a Gomes on top of those out of contract would probably allow us to bring in say 4-5 signings with 1-2 of them likely loans/free signings like Tarkowski.
We wouldn’t get big fee’s at all for those players tho.

We wouldn’t get big fee’s at all for those players tho.

All about boxing clever - £15-20 million for Keane to WHU for example and signing Tarkowski on a free to replace him gives us leg room on the books to sign 1-2 players like we did in January with Patterson and Mykolenko and offloading Digne.

Sell Kean and bring in another player
Move on Gbamin + Gomes and bring another in.

….can’t say I’ve watched Tarkowski much, interested in his mobility and pace. Seems a proper, old fashioned defender to me, not sure how he’d fit in a back 3.

Mina would leave if he doesn’t want to see out his deal. i like Branthwaite but I wonder if he might be one the club would let go, even in respect of a loan to get his wages off the books. Keane and Holgate won’t be going anywhere.

I think we will mostly play 433 if we get a solid CB partnership and a reliable DM in front of them I think the 343 was partly because Frank didn't trust many of the defenders (when Mina wasn't fit)to play in a two although it's good to be flexible

Here's the thing though mate, Jagielka for me was a backs to the wall defender

Goals conceded on set pieces is a wierd stat too, as an example, when we play man city I'm guessing the set pieces faced stat will be ridiculously in cities favour, something like 10/15 to 1 ratio so you'd expect over the course of a season that to be reflected in the stats. Plus things like set pieces, the more you have in a game the better the delivery starts to get. Again face one or two corners per game it's highly unlikely you're conceding.
Dont know if I would agree with that. Jags and Lescott, I had 0 feelings it would result in a goal. Also had Cahill as well but still still impressive to have a CM on 15 goals and CB on 10 mostly from set pieces with one of the lowest conceding rates in the league as well.

How much money are we getting of the wage bill this summer, does anybody have a rough idea? It’s fairly significant right?

There was a fair bit of noise today that the takeover would be completed this week (supposedly the next few days). So, I reckon that obstacle won't pose a problem much longer.. But really, having watched Everton play this season - I reckon the other need is for one of the Chelsea midfielders (Gallagher would probably be the most ideal fit in terms of characteristics). Interested to see who Lampard has in his sights for the CM position.
We need an attacking one ala Gallagher and a defensive midfielder.

Chelsea perspective on Colwill - he's already got more plaudits than Guehi and Tomori have with their Championship loans. Really looks the part too with the frame and athleticism but I think the fact that Chelsea are short at the CB position heading into the new season makes it a bit more difficult. Also can't see the club willing to put in a clause for a permanent for the same reason even if it was to be a loan.

I've seen more of Tomori and Guehi playing but Colwill definitely has had more appreciation/potential at his age seemingly - Article on inclusion in Goal's nxgn list
Colwill and Gallagher both seem highly rated by your fans and management.

Would that change dependin on a certain fee and a buyback?

Also, whats the general feeling on Gilmour, and Ampadu. Are they on the market?

Any other young players aside from the above who you think Lampard may be after from Chelsea?
Forget about Segundo Castillo get me Castello Lukeba.

Very good player and someone Ive mentioned before. Perhaps an option if we dont get Colwill.

How much money are we getting of the wage bill this summer, does anybody have a rough idea? It’s fairly significant right?
Sig
Tosun
Delph
Kenny
Lonergan
El Ghazi
Van De Beek

Im going with £450k

Chelsea perspective on Colwill - he's already got more plaudits than Guehi and Tomori have with their Championship loans. Really looks the part too with the frame and athleticism but I think the fact that Chelsea are short at the CB position heading into the new season makes it a bit more difficult. Also can't see the club willing to put in a clause for a permanent for the same reason even if it was to be a loan.

I've seen more of Tomori and Guehi playing but Colwill definitely has had more appreciation/potential at his age seemingly - Article on inclusion in Goal's nxgn list
So you're saying he's available for buttons. Got it.

Is that the Allardyce that was manager whilst Everton had zero shots on target for over three games? oh yeah, it was!

How is Allardyce going at his current club, is it Gravy FC?
It was three games which were at home to Chelsea, at home to Man Utd and away to Tottenham.

For context Frank has had two games this season with no shots on target against Southampton away and Tottenham away.

Allardyce had an ageing drunk Rooney who played as a defensive mid, niasse, Tosun, Sandro and a young dcl and finished 8th.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.