Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Bissouma: £30 millions
CM: Eriksen: Free
RW Johnson £30 millions
CB Tarkowski Free

Would be a fine window with Kean, Gbamin and one of Mina/Keane sold to help fund the deals.

Whats our name??

I dont think any of that would happen, but if Eriksen is back on a free and there isn't bigger fish around him - I would absolutely be trying to get him.

The thing we lack, massively, is creativity in ANY sense. if someone like Eriksen is available on a free, we need to be all over it.

100% agree with this mate, he has talent and can see passes that most of our team dont see in their dreams.

I just have concerns around building around him in the position we would need him to be effective, stature is one of the reasons I feel that way - but I've always said stature shouldn't stop a player if theyre talented enough.

I could see him potentially only in a 433 in one of the attacking roles with a competent holding mid behind him and a more physical player next to him.

You’re right though if he’s in a two trying to make passing patterns with some of our clowns he’ll get completely swamped.

This would disappointing if that's the case. The board have to back Frank to get his number 1 target in early to allow him to work/train with him.
With FFP restrictions (or profit and loss anyway) and heat on us from Burnley & Leeds, i very much expect we dont do anything for a good while

I dont think any of that would happen, but if Eriksen is back on a free and there isn't bigger fish around him - I would absolutely be trying to get him.

The thing we lack, massively, is creativity in ANY sense. if someone like Eriksen is available on a free, we need to be all over it.

Does he want to play for Everton though?

I can see his motivation in the short term for Brentford. It’s London, close to home, less pressure to make his comeback into, play decent football, danish connections, will let him move on when needed.

He’ll be eyeing up CL football though. Why would he want to move to the NW for a team without CL, plays awful football, and will want him to stay for probably the rest of the prime of his career.

The only reason he’d do it is if no CL club will take him and we offer stupid money (which is what we did with James). He wouldn’t really want to be here though and when the going for tough would he be giving 100% for us?

Brilliant player, but not for me at Everton

I could see him potentially only in a 433 in one of the attacking roles with a competent holding mid behind him and a more physical player next to him.

You’re right though if he’s in a two trying to make passing patterns with some of our clowns he’ll get completely swamped.

yeah and I think thats where am sat at the moment with Lampard, I feel he wants to keep the 343 (or at the moment I am feeling like that maybe its just lack of player she trusts), if he keeps 2 in midfield, we need a complete rebuild around that!

Is this lad robust enough though. Got great potential. But not sure he can cope with the physicality of the prem.
You would have to put a big team around him!
Which when you look at the height of our midfielders & centre backs, we are probably one of the shortest (and least 'built') in the league

Just think Bissouma smacks of the sort of player we’ve fallen into the trap of before. Brighton is his stepping stone club, he’ll be eyeing up a big move to a CL club. He doesn’t have any hunger to play for Everton although he probably would if we pay him way more than Brighton and no top club is interested.

We just end up with a player who doesn’t really want to be here and we’ve spent huge money buying him and keeping him. He’s a decent player but so was Schneiderlin, ultimately it doesn’t matter if they have no motivation to play for the club.

I’d rather we were targetting players who see Everton as a destination they want to get to. Like Mykolenko, Stones, DCL, Gueye Godfrey, Pickford, even all the way back to some of Moyes signings Cahill Pienaar Arteta, you could see why they all wanted to come to Everton and to perform.

There’s been too many players that I felt haven’t wanted to come here and have sauntered up either for a massive contract or just for some first team football. Neither of which has driven good performance for us from most of them.

Always worth asking the question. The problem we've had largely is more our signings have been kack mate.

Schneiderlin aside I dont think we've signed any truly good players who haven't looked interested.

I can see his motivation in the short term for Brentford. It’s London, close to home, less pressure to make his comeback into, play decent football, danish connections, will let him move on when needed.

He’ll be eyeing up CL football though. Why would he want to move to the NW for a team without CL, plays awful football, and will want him to stay for probably the rest of the prime of his career.

The only reason he’d do it is if no CL club will take him and we offer stupid money (which is what we did with James). He wouldn’t really want to be here though and when the going for tough would he be giving 100% for us?

Honestly, no but I never thought Rodriguez would ever play for us either.

Without, him, digne, the Icelandic ghost, we have absolutely 0 creativity. its painful to watch for me that we have not one player that could pick out a pass or have the ability to do some of the things Eriksen can. This all said I dont think he would come here, but if there was a chance I would take it personally.

We need about 4 creative players, we have non.

One player i like the look of is Scott Twine at MK Dons, we need a playmaker and i think this lad is on the rise.

Could be a decent investment for about 5 mill.
Has been the best player by a country mile in league one this season, possibly a lack of pace could be a problem, but i think he will be in the prem in a few years

Always worth asking the question. The problem we've had largely is more our signings have been kack mate.

Schneiderlin aside I dont think we've signed any truly good players who haven't looked interested.

It’s difficult to tell half the time it really is, are they just rubbish or are they good and completely disinterested? Injuries have also paid a huge part.

I expected more from Siggurdson, he wasn’t the player that we bought from Swansea or the one we saw for Iceland. We tried him in every possible position as well.

Schendierlin Klaasen Gomes Delph, is Tom Davies really better than all of these talent wise because he’s kept them out the team in the past by just working harder (although he stopped doing the at as well)

Did Walcott really show his best here? Has Gray after his initial start? How did Bernard go from the player he was to by the end getting bullied by championship players. Iwobi is only just starting to show anything close to even decent form.

Sometimes we seem to have made an error like Docuoure who I think does try but just can’t pass a ball, but there’s loads of players there who I think had way more talent than they’ve shown.

Sometimes we were watching teams with Gomes Gueye at the base, Bernard Siggurdson Walcott ahead and Richarlison up top and they could barely string a pass together or out any sort of press on at all.

It’s all about application. It shouldn’t take flares at Goodison, the threat of relegation, and Lampard kicking these players up the arse every single game to get them to go out and just put in the basic level of work rate to compete in a football game. Yes we’ve got some very poor players, especially in defence, but over the last few seasons the application of the team on a consistent basis has been disgraceful.

Even Sunday was an indicator. Yes it was a dead rubber and the effort had been put in on Thursday but they rolled goer for five just like they did the final game under Carlo. Players with any ounce of self motivation don’t just slack off when they don’t have to show up. This lot are mostly slackers and need turfing out. Don’t want to replace them with more players who aren’t too bothered about being here.

He could go back to Spurs

They've got players coming out of their ears they will spend again too

I mentioned this earlier but here’s the average numbers in both groups Accounts

Chelsea Playing staff including Managers and Coaches 169
Everon Playing training a management ( including 70 academy players) 229

Status
Not open for further replies.