Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was three games which were at home to Chelsea, at home to Man Utd and away to Tottenham.

For context Frank has had two games this season with no shots on target against Southampton away and Tottenham away.

Allardyce had an ageing drunk Rooney who played as a defensive mid, niasse, Tosun, Sandro and a young dcl and finished 8th.

You mean home to Man U and home to chelsea ? The same two clubs which we have just beat ?

Gilmour has already been done to death on here. Not good enough for Norwich not good enough for us
Harry Kane also had a loan to premier league Norwich in the 12/13 season. No goals in 5 appearances. Admittedly got an injury as well though. Was recalled by spurs and loaned out to the championship because he presumably wasn’t ready for the premier league. Similar age to Gilmour when he went there as well.

A negative loan move doesn’t always mean a player is bad.

I am hoping for pre-season with some of our key academy players who get promoted especially with the new FIVE sub rule (fücking stupid).

From our current under 23 and academy:
Branthwaite - CB
Onyango - DM
Simms - ST
Price - CM
Mills - RW
Broadhead - ST
Warrington - CM
Dobbin - LW

Who makes the cut? Who will be a stand out?
Yeah, the five sub rule does change things in terms of young players, guys who might ordinarily be expected to spend the year on loan will have more opportunities for game time.

Of those listed I think Branthwaite needs a loan, he’s got the tools but needs a 30+ game season in him and he won’t get that here, too raw still.

Simms I’d definitely like to see in the matchday squads, he’s had another successful loan and it’s time to see what he can do. He’s a serious handful physically and a good option off the bench against tiring defenders. Dobbin would ordinarily think a loan was the next step but 5 subs may change that. Broadhead isn’t young any more and will leave.

The midfielders I think it probably depends on pre season and transfer business as to who is kept around for the squad and who Lampard thinks would benefit more from a loan. It’ll be interesting to see what he does with Warrington who is very highly thought of.

For someone who cares more about it being entertaining, not sure how you can think allardyce was better.
I don't care about it being entertaining exclusively. My order of preference is good and entertaining, good and crap to watch, bad and entertaining and then obviously bad and crap to watch. If Lampard was managing a good team I'd not be that bothered about playing deep and not touching the ball.

Anyway Allardyce and Frank went to similar places to survive and Allardyce did better in that situation. That's kind of just a fact at this point.

I don't care about it being entertaining exclusively. My order of preference is good and entertaining, good and crap to watch, bad and entertaining and then obviously bad and crap to watch. If Lampard was managing a good team I'd not be that bothered about playing deep and not touching the ball.

Anyway Allardyce and Frank went to similar places to survive and Allardyce did better in that situation. That's kind of just a fact at this point.
Is it? He had more games, a full transfer window (with 50m to spend) and less injuries.

He also has a worse win percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.