Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shout about the medical department, will be interesting to see what other changes Frank makes this summer. I could also easily make the argument that the value Mina would provide in the 15 games he plays next season might be more valuable than the £5-10m we would get for him. It's his high wages that complicate it. Plus it's incredibly disruptive to the defensive organization to always have your best CB injured. Now if we could get to a position where he's our 3rd best CB then it's much less of a problem, but I seriously doubt that can happen this window. The best course is probably to free up the wages for someone who is more durable like Tarkowski (even if it is a step down in ability).

The disruption at the back under normal circumstances is manageable, the major problem us when the disruption is due to the guy who actually is the only organizer/leader at the back being the one whose constantly missing - so leaves a group of players needing organization with no one able or willing to do so.

It's why Tarkowski is a good signing. Keep Mina you have two vocal players who can sort out the backline. So should guarantee at least one will be there every week to babysit the likes of those who remain.

Reasons to keep Mina, he's by far and away our best cb, in fact when fit our defensive record is pretty decent. Maybe part of the thing Lampard said about everything needing changing refers to the medical department and as such he thinks Minas fitness problems can be addressed (none of his injuries are ones that should have a long term reoccurring factor (hammy, Achilles, etc) so IF we can sort out that department we end up with a Mina that was before he arrived who hardly ever missed any time.

Other thing to factor in as well, Mina is entering his last year, chances are no one's gonna pay now when he's free in 12 months, so best we could do is get part of his wages paid by loaning him.

With Keane there's a good chance so wine will actually give us a decentish fee for him, good fitness record, lit if experience and in the right system or with the right cb partner alongside him he's actually a decent player.
If Mina plays 19 league games next season then leaves on a free, it may be more beneficial to us than selling for £10mil. He only started 13 games last season but if we improve the defence then he can be used more sparingly rather than rushed back.

If Keane moves for £10mil its a win, win, win, win ,win for us.

Don't see Holgate leaving and only see one of Mina/Keane leaving (likely Keane I think) think Gray will be here too as he brings something we lack aside of him, direct player with pace
I think Holgate/Godfrey are a decent duo to have to compete with one another and also both can play a few positions.

It was more that we should be trying to sell those players and its unlikely we can sell all of them or that we should sell all of them at once. 6 from the 9 would be good going.

Imagine, Gray + Kean leaving brings in £35-40mil and probably £100k a week wages.

We could replace with Brennan Johnson or similar for lower fee and half the wages.

No manager in the world would want a player like Mina.... his fitness is like russian roulette, how can you ever build when your best defender is hardly available to be the best.

May the prem is too physical for his build, maybe a slower pace game will reduce his muscular injuries

Im pretty sure Norwich, Burnley and Watford would have loved to have Mina last season.

Ledley King had a few seasons where he played 20 odd games...a couple of others where he played 10 or less.

Spurs kept him because when he played he was by far their best defender. Just like Mina is for us.

If Mina was guaranteed to play 20 games a year for the next 5 years and salary was £100k a week then id pay it.

Very frustrating but he walks into the team.

It works the opposite way as well.

Weve got so many players that in alot of cases we could actually sell 2 and sign 1 lol

CB: Mina, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Keane, Holgate we could sell 2 of them and sign 1.

CM: Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi we could sell 2 and sign 1.

FW: Richarlison, DCL, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin, Townsend, Gray, Dele we could sell 3 and sign 1.

We cant afford to sell 2 CBs and replace them with 1.

Its like you didnt see us having only 2 fit CBs for the Brentford game.

Number wise the squad is 24 players, thats a pretty perfect number.

If we sold 9 players and only bought 4, the squad would then be 19 players, which is only just a matchday squad.

Dont forget there are 5 subs next season, now is not the time for going into a Premier League season with only 19 players.

And yes, I know you have me on ignore, but I also know you are reading my posts, but its more for other people to highlight that what you said has no grasp of reality.

And please, the likes of Dobbin and others can not be considered first team players, currently.

Thats why the twitter post seems to be nonsense.

I dont believe the club are even contemplating being able to sell Townsend.

I also dont think Davies is for sale as Lampard praised him recently and will probably want to see him in pre season.

Almost as if the club don’t call up some random guy on the internet and read out a list of players they are trying to bomb out.

Also, even with 24 players, there is still scope for the likes of Dobbin to make a breakthrough.

We will probably take 20 players to away games, possibly more, in case of injuries on the day, so it only takes 4 injuries or suspensions for Dobbin and others to make squads.

If Mina plays 19 league games next season then leaves on a free, it may be more beneficial to us than selling for £10mil. He only started 13 games last season but if we improve the defence then he can be used more sparingly rather than rushed back.

If Keane moves for £10mil its a win, win, win, win ,win for us.

I think Holgate/Godfrey are a decent duo to have to compete with one another and also both can play a few positions.

It was more that we should be trying to sell those players and its unlikely we can sell all of them or that we should sell all of them at once. 6 from the 9 would be good going.

Imagine, Gray + Kean leaving brings in £35-40mil and probably £100k a week wages.

We could replace with Brennan Johnson or similar for lower fee and half the wages.

Im pretty sure Norwich, Burnley and Watford would have loved to have Mina last season.

Ledley King had a few seasons where he played 20 odd games...a couple of others where he played 10 or less.

Spurs kept him because when he played he was by far their best defender. Just like Mina is for us.

If Mina was guaranteed to play 20 games a year for the next 5 years and salary was £100k a week then id pay it.

Very frustrating but he walks into the team.
Well according to the magic bean part time accountants on here, if we sell Mina for £10m it frees up about £100m in FFP headroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.