Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mina plays 19 league games next season then leaves on a free, it may be more beneficial to us than selling for £10mil. He only started 13 games last season but if we improve the defence then he can be used more sparingly rather than rushed back.

If Keane moves for £10mil its a win, win, win, win ,win for us.

I think Holgate/Godfrey are a decent duo to have to compete with one another and also both can play a few positions.

It was more that we should be trying to sell those players and its unlikely we can sell all of them or that we should sell all of them at once. 6 from the 9 would be good going.

Imagine, Gray + Kean leaving brings in £35-40mil and probably £100k a week wages.

We could replace with Brennan Johnson or similar for lower fee and half the wages.

Im pretty sure Norwich, Burnley and Watford would have loved to have Mina last season.

Ledley King had a few seasons where he played 20 odd games...a couple of others where he played 10 or less.

Spurs kept him because when he played he was by far their best defender. Just like Mina is for us.

If Mina was guaranteed to play 20 games a year for the next 5 years and salary was £100k a week then id pay it.

Very frustrating but he walks into the team.
?? guaranteed to player 20 games a year for 5 years ? and how can you guarantee that ?

my comments was based on facts not hypothetical scenarios , if that was the case of course teams in the prem would want him. As for Lesley king, I do not recall Tottenham in relegation scraps and needing King week in and week out to save them…. I might be wrong

if he could play 20 games a tear for 5 years he would no be sold but that cannot be guaranteed. We are paying 5million plus a year for a player that has repeated muscular injuries

Its wild, but they will fund it by selling players- Watkins and Douglas Luiz are gonna be the next two I reckon, Luiz this summer... wouldnt surprise me if he came to us.
They did this last year too. And we had the worst season in the league for like 20 years and we finished about 5 points behind them. Mad

There is simply far too many of those buy your car type companies about now, I'm not surprised they are not making money.

Large(ish) limited companies making a loss, is all a bit false and fake really.

The CEO's, cheif execs, Directer or whatever they name themselves, will all get massive salaries and bonuses anyway.

?? guaranteed to player 20 games a year for 5 years ? and how can you guarantee that ?

my comments was based on facts not hypothetical scenarios , if that was the case of course teams in the prem would want him. As for Lesley king, I do not recall Tottenham in relegation scraps and needing King week in and week out to save them…. I might be wrong

if he could play 20 games a tear for 5 years he would no be sold but that cannot be guaranteed. We are paying 5million plus a year for a player that has repeated muscular injuries
The key word I used was...."IF".

Its clearly a trade off, no summer tournament, Colombia not in the world cup so winter rest.

He'll have his first downtime in a long, long time.

He actually has had a range of injuries https://www.transfermarkt.com/yerry-mina/verletzungen/spieler/289446 its not just one recurring issue.

I also stated that Id be happy to keep him next season. If we receive a decent offer though then it comes down to risk...

...Tarkowski's leadership minimises the risk of losing Mina and also replaces Keane as being 'reliable' fitness wise.

So if we sold Keane + signed Tarkowski....then sold Mina and signed a young player to develop like Colwill, it makes sense.

But im fine with him staying a season in the hope that he is in the team for 50% of our games.

Lets not forget he'll be playing for a move elsewhere as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.