Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death by 1000 fingers to anyone who posts positively about him.

Just read the post above yours and let the stupidity of it sink in.

No to Dennis.

You cant ignore 10 goals and 6 assists in the PL, especially as they came in one of the worst teams, Richarlison was 10 goals and 5 assists and 3 were penalties. He also comes with a pedigree - his CL stuff is impressive, clearly a talent there both in previous history and current evidence, anecdotally full tilt he looks a player. I wouldn't dismiss the reported attitude problems, but i see Moyes is also interested and he is notoriously a stickler for attitude.

Looking at it, he got annoyed for being pulled over for speeding - hes a young black man, so who knows what went on there or what was going on in his mind. He left the bus over a seat, seemed Covid was at play there. His brother died amongst all of that, certainly grief can send any of us into a tailspin of coping and cause any of us to make mistakes, we're all human.

Im open minded on the lid, ive liked what ive seen and i think Lampard is a good man manager and manages with clear boundaries but also has good relationships with his players. I want this lad to play football successfully, not to babysit kids, so id have a open minded approach on attitude with clear red lines, but i think there is context here, its a risk Vs reward thing.

Last edited:

Bit steep but all I was saying was he contributed assists/goals wise more than most of our forwards/wingers last season
Yeah, and I don’t disagree with that, it’s the money that I object to. They bought him for 3.6 mill, wish we were doing that kind of business

?then who? He is the budget signing with 10 goals in the PL last season.
We are skint, we are paying the PL premium. Watford had the scouting network to identify him last season for 3.6 million, THATS a budget signing. They will want 15 mill at least

Yeah, and I don’t disagree with that, it’s the money that I object to. They bought him for 3.6 mill, wish we were doing that kind of business
Unfortunately it's impossible...selling prices have always be very dependand of the team that comes knocking...thats why the Brighton, Watford, Burnley of this world alway manage to pay less for their players. Selling teams seem to put us at the same level than a spurs for example...even leceister gets better deal than us but their success in recent years is starting to change that.

We are skint, we are paying the PL premium. Watford had the scouting network to identify him last season for 3.6 million, THATS a budget signing. They will want 15 mill at least
Their fans are leaning towards 25 each for him and Sarr ,but then we are looking for 70+ for Richarlison. Who knows.

Football does exist outside of the PL though. We do this time and time again and it's an approach that is about 20 years out of date. We seem to insist on managers/players having this need for 'PL experience' The best managers/players in the league in recent years came into it without any PL experience. I know it's all just paper/twitter talk at the moment but a lot of the names being banded around at the moment, I'm not seeing much improvement next season tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.