Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrey Santos linked with us and Barca again (last time in Jan window).

Few more clubs mentioned as well now;

This may be a daft question, has anyone done the sums on how much money we need to bring in from the sale of players/letting them go this window to meet the FFP rules, or is it more a case of best we can do for another season or two?
Maths and figures isn't my forte but I think we have suffered losses of £370 m over a 3 year period.
Can't recall what losses are acceptable in FFP terms but we are way over and the tolerance is apparently due to the unprecedented effects of the pandemic.
It would ve unrealistic to claw back the deficit in 1 year but I think we have to demonstrate a direction of travel.

Maths and figures isn't my forte but I think we have suffered losses of £370 m over a 3 year period.
Can't recall what losses are acceptable in FFP terms but we are way over and the tolerance is apparently due to the unprecedented effects of the pandemic.
It would ve unrealistic to claw back the deficit in 1 year but I think we have to demonstrate a direction of travel.
But seeing as we've not gone crazy since last summer, surely that number is going to plummet as a moving average? Does it also take into account amortisation as it's a loss on the books?

At the moment I think our transfer strategy is in two parts.
The first is cheap or free signings of players ready to immediately step into the team where there is little transfer outlay. Wges may be a bit higher than we would like but that is more than offset by the saving on a transfer fee. Eriksen would be another obvious signing but there is probably too much competition for him .

The second part is the more interesting part where we sign young players in the 18-22 ish age bracket from foreign leagues or the lower leagues in England.
Lesser transfer fees, not enormous wages and the potential that we can develop them into better players.

We are not in the market now to sign expensive, established players on high wages. That strategy has in no small part landed us in the trouble we are in.
So explain to me where Winks into this given a rumoured £20 m outlay?

Arsenal have a plethora of attacking midfielders - Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Odengarrd, Viera, Pepe - now in for Raphina. Wonder is there any low hanging fruit there, would love ESR or Martinelli on loan, unlikely proabably.
Could see us chucking £40m at Pepe before FFP took its toll

With Richarlison 99% going, we need a star signing.

I think Lampard and Thelwell want to change their approach and instead of spending big money on players to replace outgoing big players, they are maybe going to invest any money received into 2/3 prospects who can develop.

Due to the situation, our model has to be 1 out with 2/3 in, let those develop and hope 1/2 of them does well and we sell them on and start the process again.

The massive concern for me is that it means we have very little margin for error at a time when our backroom and scouting network is either not there, new and unproven or those that aren’t new have proven to be appallingly bad at their jobs

£105m in three years.
That’s £265m over, but we have put together all sorts of mitigations.

My guess is we’re close to the 105m and need to trade.

I think it will be next summer before we start to come out of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.