Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theres really not much difference between them.

2 years in age.
One good enough to play out of position for the best team in the country, the other bombed out at spurs.
One captains his country and one struggles with confidence issues.
One wants to move to play, ones being moved as the team doesn't want him anywhere near them.
Ones very good, ones very average.

They're like two peas in a pod really...

2 years in age.
One good enough to play out of position for the best team in the country, the other bombed out at spurs.
One captains his country and one struggles with confidence issues.
One wants to move to play, ones being moved as the team doesn't want him anywhere near them.
Ones very good, ones very average.

They're like two peas in a pod really...
Hes played Left back/LM for City for 6 years mate, hes not playing out of position.

From watching them both, over a long period of time, theres really not much difference, its fine if you dont agree.

zinky.jpg

Hes played Left back/LM for City for 6 years mate, hes not playing out of position.

From watching them both, over a long period of time, theres really not much difference, its fine if you dont agree.

View attachment 171081

Guardiola just last season said he was playing out of position mate and he was a central mid.

Kinda regard that more relevant than transfer markets circle sizes

Guardiola just last season said he was playing out of position mate and he was a central mid.

Kinda regard that more relevant than transfer markets circle sizes
So if somebody plays 120 games over 6 years at Left Back, you dont consider Left Back a role they are accustomed to?

Kinda regard actions over words personally.

Lets just say hes comfortable playing Left Back and he can play CM/DM as long as we play Wales and Scotland every week.

So if somebody plays 120 games over 6 years at Left Back, you dont consider Left Back a role they are accustomed to?

Lets just say hes comfortable playing Left Back and he can play CM/DM as long as we play Wales and Scotland every week.
We would lose to Wales and Scotland every week currently.

I look at what Guardiola requires from a lb in his system, look at the history of both Delph and Barry playing there for City, the position he played before city bought him and the position he's played over 50+ games internationally at.

He's a good left back in a system that City employ, he's not as good as City require in cm as a starter.

Would he be our best lb, currently no imo, would he be a mile better than anything we have in that role in mid, yup. Would winks - nope.

I look at what Guardiola requires from a lb in his system, look at the history of both Delph and Barry playing there for City, the position he played before city bought him and the position he's played over 50+ games internationally at.

He's a good left back in a system that City employ, he's not as good as City require in cm as a starter.

Would he be our best lb, currently no imo, would he be a mile better than anything we have in that role in mid, yup. Would winks - nope.
I like the lad, im not saying hes bad, I just think from what ive seen of Winks, they could both do a similar job.

Fitness and injury is my only concern with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.