Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw it with Lukaku leaving - it didn't matter how much we got for him, there wasn't anyone as good to bring in. But a lot of supporters were distracted by the sale money thinking it would buy decent replacements.

You just can't replace some players. I think we'll miss Richy in the same way.
Could be, but that's mostly our recruitment over the past six years to be honest, it shouldn't be like that. Sevilla have shown constantly with good planning and effective but localised scouting focussing on markets you know well, and a club all on the same page then you can replace big players with ease as the collective is much more important than any player.

Does anyone think we have back 4 to keep us out of a relegation fight next season? I don't ..one CB will not fix the epic championship levels of performance from last season.

Our transfer policy is crucial this summer, if the manager is going to spend what money we do have on washed up rejects we are going to bang in trouble.

So no I am not took in by money generated through future transfer funds I am worried with the garbage players we are being linked with as if these journey men will fix our problems.

Big couple of months ahead for this club.

Don't waste a money on trash and sentimentality, Everton.

I can’t judge Gilmour’s time at Norwich because I, like everyone else here, didn’t watch Norwich play footie.
Aye. And if you're watching a game as a neutral you're hardly going to be watching a specific players movements and positioning, taking note of every pass he makes and every run he tracks.

And on top of that, when you are as poor as Norwich a small passing midfielder is hardly going to stand out is he.

Does anyone think we have back 4 to keep us out of a relegation fight next season? I don't ..one CB will not fix the epic championship levels of performance from last season.

Our transfer policy is crucial this summer, if the manager is going to spend what money we do have on washed up rejects we are going to bang in trouble.

So no I am not took in by money generated through future transfer funds I am worried with the garbage players we are being linked with as if these journey men will fix our problems.

I think it's worth commenting that when Mina has played, our average points per game goes up significantly, i.e. from being in the bottom three to being challengers for Europe- and that's consistent over the last three seasons.

My hope is that Patterson males the right back spot his own and gives us an outlet to attack with on the right hand side, and Mykolenko keeps up his improvement. If that happens and Tarkowski can partially replace Mina then we'll be in a stronger position next season.

I think we need substantial rebuilding this summer, but don't think we'll get it.

For me, the main problem in defence last season was the partnership we were forced to endure through injuries.

Kenny is a League One / Two player and he started about 15 games, both in and out of position.

Keane and Holgate are both Championship level and they became almost first names on the teamsheet, again due to injuries.

It was a mistake to loan out Nkunkou when Digne was the only player we had at left back.

Thankfully we don't need to suffer any of those problems any more, providing we actually do sign Tarkowski.

Plus I don't see a buyer for Mina so we'll probably get 15 games out of him this season.

That means, very likely, no more Holgate and Keane together, probably very little of them at all individually, and no more Kenny anywhere, and a rapidly improving left back in Mykolenko, plus a very exciting prospect in Patterson who surely must get a crack.

Godfrey will have had a long time to get back to full fitness, and Branthwaite comes back again with more experience in the first team.

I'll be gutted and completely baffled if Coleman starts as our first choice right back, but I can definitely see Patterson, again, being made to wait for his chance.

In any case, the defence ought to be a hell of a lot stronger next season, and surely we cannot suffer the same number of crucial injuries as we did last year. We started multiple games with a back line of Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Kenny, about a bad a back four as you'll ever see in the football league.

I like the sound of Patterson, Tarkowski, Mina, Mykolenko, or Godfrey in there to make a back five. Pace, good height between them, good attacking threat, less chance for gifting goals away as Tarkowski is much less prone to passing directly to the opposition than Keane is, etc.

I think our defence will improve if we give them better protection from midfield. They were so exposed last season so easily cut through in the middle of the park. Midfield is the most crucial area to upgrade, we need mobility, creativity and some bite in there, none of which we have at the moment.

“Don't waste a money on trash and sentimentality, Everton.” A billion percent

I literally have no idea about this part but if they can "read the game" like Barry ten they don't need to be a beast per-se.
Look, I'm not one who thinks all centre mids need to be 6ft plus athletes, Xavi and Iniesta, weren't too shabby, but the Prem is a brutal mistress and we'd come unstuck without a certain amount of physicality and athleticism I think.

That won't happen. He has already come out and said he is sitting on the last year of his contract. Then see what is what, next year.
Man's just after some money, plain and simple.
Moura has a contract till 2024 according to transfermarkt so doubt your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.