Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be concentrating on any wide players this season, fullbacks or wingers. This team needs a spine and I would be getting another CB two more MF players and a striker

I think a defensive midfielder is the priority, but after that I would say we need to replace Richarlison, I would class him as a winger really, though he played a lot of the season as a striker. I can understand us going for KWP’s though as really Coleman shouldn’t be starting every week anymore

Again I will say it...

To sell Richarlison for 50-60m and not have a replacement lined up is absolutely pathetic and shambolic and does not happen at proper football clubs.

I'm not asking for 50m to be reinvested but organised clubs have a plan in place and can move quickly.

We don't work that way. We had a manager who won one game in 14 and we sacked him two days after promising that we wouldn't sack him if he lost the game that he lost to get the sack.

We then spent 3 weeks trying to find a manager when any normal club would of had a list ready and would of probably already been talking to potential replacements so they could get them in straight away.

The fact that kenwright and dbb won't ever get near another football board room again after we finally bin them off is proof they should be nowhere near our club and yet they are the two most powerful people at the club in the day to day running of the club.

We've known Richarlison wanted out since ancelottis first summer and we knew we had to sell him this summer for over a year. The fact we have no replacement lined up is a disgrace and another nail in the coffin of this board. Unfortunately there's so many nails in this boards coffin its now more metal then wood.

Less than 4 weeks now before Chelsea at home the seemingly lack of movement or solid links is worrying .I know its better to keep it low key to keep other clubs away and stop a bidding war but you would have thought there would have been 1or 2 confirmed discussions and not just the apes filling columns.
....... and only 168 sleeps till Christmas!!!!!

Off Topic
We don't work that way. We had a manager who won one game in 14 and we sacked him two days after promising that we wouldn't sack him if he lost the game that he lost to get the sack.

We then spent 3 weeks trying to find a manager when any normal club would of had a list ready and would of probably already been talking to potential replacements so they could get them in straight away.

The fact that kenwright and dbb won't ever get near another football board room again after we finally bin them off is proof they should be nowhere near our club and yet they are the two most powerful people at the club in the day to day running of the club.

We've known Richarlison wanted out since ancelottis first summer and we knew we had to sell him this summer for over a year. The fact we have no replacement lined up is a disgrace and another nail in the coffin of this board. Unfortunately there's so many nails in this boards coffin its now more metal then wood.
And the club serve Carling which tastes like piss

Sorry to detail thread just bugging me somewhat.
If you had to list things wrong with our great club I think I can safely say someone giving us the team news 10 mins in advance wouldn’t even be in the top 100.
Genuinely baffled how this bugs people so much.
Baffles me also how that would impact a game.

Dele Alli isn’t a winger mate
Neither is Richarlison.
Calling it now. Well called it several times
Front 3 of some sort. DCL, Alli, Gordon.
They will be our 3 starting attackers, in what formation who knows. But barring injury,.those 3 are our attack for the coming season.

Dele Alli isn’t a winger mate
Would you say Richarlison was a winger?
His best position was on the left, but he didn’t have many of the qualities you’d look for in a winger. His biggest asset was getting on the end of things in the box.

Which has historically been Dele’s strength.

I’m defo not advocating not replacing Richarlsion btw, just pointing out both players similar strength. Whether Dele can produce is another conversation.

We already have his replacement. Dele Alli.
Amy forward brought in,.will be with a view to competing with or replacing DCL next season.
Nobody in their right mind would consider Dele Alli as Richarlison’s replacement. It’s so far fetched, it couldn’t even be described as a gamble, it would be negligent, plain and simple.

If our season depends on Dele Alli filling the gap of Richarlison, then we’re down.

Off Topic
Went to the Emirates for a Killers gig and they were serving Camden Hells. Not been to a game there but didn’t look like a one off.
Spurs have a Beavertown tap room I believe I’m going there for the NFL so that should be fun!

Would you say Richarlison was a winger?
His best position was on the left, but he didn’t have many of the qualities you’d look for in a winger. His biggest asset was getting on the end of things in the box.

Which has historically been Dele’s strength.

I’m defo not advocating not replacing Richarlsion btw, just pointing out both players similar strength. Whether Dele can produce is another conversation.
Yeah I’d say he’s one that cuts inside, I think Richarlison is a little tricky because he works so hard that he ends up everywhere.

I hope Alli can produce but unfortunately I just don’t see it

Yeah I’d say he’s one that cuts inside, I think Richarlison is a little tricky because he works so hard that he ends up everywhere.

I hope Alli can produce but unfortunately I just don’t see it
The Alli posts are major hopium, and good on y'all who are taking that in, but I can't do the Dele Alli drug.

Nobody in their right mind would consider Dele Alli as Richarlison’s replacement. It’s so far fetched, it couldn’t even be described as a gamble, it would be negligent, plain and simple.

If our season depends on Dele Alli filling the gap of Richarlison, then we’re down.
Well, I don't think it's ridiculous to say that if Alli is going to be starting, and thus triggering payments, the Richarlison money is accounted for.

They're not like-for-like players, but he probably will replace him in the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.