Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarkowski is fine, it's not some sort of coup as some posters would have us believe. It is not a transformative signing. It's just fine (and expensive).

We've tried buying established PL talent and failed, this is without doubt, anyone who claims otherwise fails to understand empirical evidence. So, we can try to correct that, or try something different. I'm in the mood for something different.
Ive been in the mood for something different since league winning scout walsh came in.

Ben White, Luke Shaw, Callum Chambers, Matt Targett. You might say that is just OK, but that's five players with solid PL careers in 7 or 8 years that have either made a difference to Southampton or have earned them decent fees. We can't run the Chelsea or Man City model, 20 odd players out on loan, I get that, but we can do better. We should always be trying to do better. We'll probably just keep trying to sign Watford and Burnley players for 8 figures and give them high 5 figure or 6 figure salaries per week.
And do we not have similar numbers? Barkley, Gordon, Dowell, Lundstrum, Davies?

And do we not have similar numbers? Barkley, Gordon, Dowell, Lundstrum, Davies?
Dowell and Lundstrom had to drop divisions (no shame in that), White is one of the most expensive English defenders in history (albeit Brighton made that money not Southampton) and Targett left Saints for somewhere in the region of £11.5m. We got good money for Barkley and would get good bunce for Gordon (but less than So'ton would get for Ward-Prowse, imo). Best case scenario, absolute best case, we're on a par with Saints, in reality we've done a bit worse than them. That's where we are with our youth system, a bit worse than Southampton. If we're serious about getting back to the top we need to do better. Or, we can sign Burnley and Watford players in perpetuity and continue to get a little bit worse each year, have fewer saleable assets each year, reduce expectation each year and settle into the championship.

And here we are so many years later, meant to be happy with ANOTHER player from Burnley (on a free). One day we will have the players worthy of playing for us.. I've got time ill have to wait some more years i guess.
We don't have years. This year or next we get relegated with our current model and current ownership. It would be the most Everton thing ever to open our new stadium in our first game in the second division in over 70 years against Luton or Huddersfield or someone like that. NSNO.

Dowell and Lundstrom had to drop divisions (no shame in that), White is one of the most expensive English defenders in history (albeit Brighton made that money not Southampton) and Targett left Saints for somewhere in the region of £11.5m. We got good money for Barkley and would get good bunce for Gordon (but less than So'ton would get for Ward-Prowse, imo). Best case scenario, absolute best case, we're on a par with Saints, in reality we've done a bit worse than them. That's where we are with our youth system, a bit worse than Southampton. If we're serious about getting back to the top we need to do better. Or, we can sign Burnley and Watford players in perpetuity and continue to get a little bit worse each year, have fewer saleable assets each year, reduce expectation each year and settle into the championship.
And as I pointed out mate, we compete for players with City, Utd and Liverpool, Burnley even, plus all the other North West clubs.

Im not against "your idea", we do need to try and do better with Youth, my point is, you cant just click your fingers and watch as the Fodens fall on your lap.

George Michael
Morgan Gibbs-White -
@SportsPeteO
Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath

Andrew Ridgeley

Aster Vranckx
- Loic Tanzi

Pepsi & Shirlie
Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij **

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski
- Matt Law

tumblr_oy4jstVkWk1v4nzkvo1_500.gif

We don't have years. This year or next we get relegated with our current model and current ownership. It would be the most Everton thing ever to open our new stadium in our first game in the second division in over 70 years against Luton or Huddersfield or someone like that. NSNO.
Bit early to say the current model agree the ownership has been a disgrace. But we will all have to wait till the end of the window to see who we have got in. I would have liked new players in for the trip to the Usa.

And as I pointed out mate, we compete for players with City, Utd and Liverpool, Burnley even, plus all the other North West clubs.

Im not against "your idea", we do need to try and do better with Youth, my point is, you cant just click your fingers and watch as the Fodens fall on your lap.
Look, I don't think we're that far apart on this issue. I accepted in a previous post that a youth system is, at best, going to provide a genuine first team player once every year or two. However, that moderate level of success saves us £5-20m in transfer fees and, due to the low staring wage of academy players, probably saves us millions in wages too. That doesn't even include the inevitable transfer fee when we sell the talented youngster, when they realise that if they want to succeed they have to sack us off.

MGM Studios and Corneo might turn out decent, but are they worth a combined £50m+? That's most of the Richy money. We might have to dig into the Arteta money for a CDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.