Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be quality banter if the club admin did a 'stadium update' to announce a new signing, all the usual drone footage ending up with the new signing kitted out in construction gear hi-vis and hard hat.

To be honest, probably wouldn't work as the stadium will probably be completed first ?
can just see Dwight Gayle in a hardhat on deadline day, winched up at the dock, bashing away with a hammer on a metal beam, giving a wink and a smile to the camera as it zooms in.......

.......BK's face photoshopped onto a passing seagulll as it sqwarks "the Lampard revolution begins now"

Most clubs buy the replacement first then sell the player

We sell the player, ponder about the replacement, do nothing, then react at the last minute and overspend on a bag of crap
Considering we probably knew as soon as the season finished what the likely outcome was going to be

can just see Dwight Gayle in a hardhat on deadline day, winched up at the dock, bashing away with a hammer on a metal beam, giving a wink and a smile to the camera as it zooms in.......

.......BK's face photoshopped onto a passing seagulll as it sqwarks "the Lampard revolution begins now"
He had a bad season last year but he would be a better crosser of a ball than anything we have

I think this summer has set the bar for the season pretty low, which should help Lampard at least.

If what the bobble is saying is true and we have to sacrifice certain areas then you’d have to go with what we have at the back - get two midfielders in and two widemen/attackers.

For what it’s worth I’d take Gilmore alongside a more physical midfielder. Isn’t gana rumoured to be leaving? A loan for him wouldn’t be the worst signing this season.

I think one of cornet/Dennis should be a priority alongside a right winger- I’d be very keen on Hudson odoi on loan (if gilmour comes on a perm) but I can see us spending money on traore…

Just praying for a lower mid table finish and finally making changes higher up so we can slowly get out of this absolute mess.
So depressing

I'm not sure what the Latin is for that ('Grosso Incompetento et Neglecto'-?!) but if would cost a fortune to change all the clubs merchandising now, so we're going to stick with the motto that has been abandoned for 30-odd years, and I'd happily bet you not one of our players could recite.
Just shorten the current motto to just 'nil'...that be very apt and will also save money on embroidery costs.

I think this summer has set the bar for the season pretty low, which should help Lampard at least.

If what the bobble is saying is true and we have to sacrifice certain areas then you’d have to go with what we have at the back - get two midfielders in and two widemen/attackers.

For what it’s worth I’d take Gilmore alongside a more physical midfielder. Isn’t gana rumoured to be leaving? A loan for him wouldn’t be the worst signing this season.

I think one of cornet/Dennis should be a priority alongside a right winger- I’d be very keen on Hudson odoi on loan (if gilmour comes on a perm) but I can see us spending money on traore…

Just praying for a lower mid table finish and finally making changes higher up so we can slowly get out of this absolute mess.
What have I missed, what's the bobble saying?? Can someone fill me in??

2 loans + 3 perms = 5 players

Gilmour loan
Cornet - 18 mil
Broja - 35 mil
Barkley - free
Second loan - worst case scenario Winks

What’s a loan fee these days 1-2 mil?

So that’s 4 mil on loans, let’s say 10 mil up front for cornet and 15 mil up front for Broja that’s 29 mil on 5 players with some change left over to try and sort a deal for MGW or Colwill

Easy peasy

The lack of a plan when we sold Richy would be surprising if it wasn't typical of this club. Having a list isn't a plan either you need players identified and to have scoped out their availability and whether you can afford a deal. Selling our best player without doing this was poor. Whether we had to sell him for financial reasons or not!

Honestly mate, it feels like the club are just expecting to wake up from a nightmare.

Hoping it’ll all just magically go away and Richarlison would stay.

Why did Leeds do lots of business, Villa the season before, when selling players? It doesn’t bring a premium.

Now we’re skint, desperate and people will take advantage.

2 loans + 3 perms = 5 players

Gilmour loan
Cornet - 18 mil
Broja - 35 mil
Barkley - free
Second loan - worst case scenario Winks

What’s a loan fee these days 1-2 mil?

So that’s 4 mil on loans, let’s say 10 mil up front for cornet and 15 mil up front for Broja that’s 29 mil on 5 players with some change left over to try and sort a deal for MGW or Colwill

Easy peasy
18m + 35m isnt 25m spud, its 53m, plus 5m in loan fees, plus 30million in wages, plus 10m in Agents fees.

98million total, well done, youve just got a 30 point reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.