Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert on Leicester or French football but why would Schmeichel go there?
Money. Nice are owned by Ineos, the massive chemical company founded by Jim Ratcliffe. They're never going to compete with PSG financially, but they've been making some smart moves in France and not afraid to invest good money when they see fit.

Constantly in the gossip columns (which is never an accident unless you and your agent are entertaining other clubs or trying to get your name out there) and hardly turned up for his team when they were in a relegation battle last year. Tells me all I need to know - not bothered about the football just wants a bigger paycheck at a bigger club. Swerve. Need hard workers not posers
Like Patterson going to a couple of anti-lockdown parties?

Arguably, Holgate and Godfrey can come across at full back at a pinch particularly on the right side mate, as emergency back up for Coleman and Patterson - remember the Carlo wall.

Been tried. It's a loser.

I will be relatively ok with our defence if in the next two weeks or so we get another defender who is either and out and out RB (stronger than his RWB game, that is) or a CB who can play over there in a crisis.

This is a position that STILL hasn't been sorted after all this time.

I'm no expert on Leicester or French football but why would Schmeichel go there?
He's 35 now and apparently talked about wanting to try something new after Leicester. He's a club legend there so I'm sure the club are happy to accept his wishes. He's also been a bit crap for a while and needs replacing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.