Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he disproved the 'he can't pass lad' theory when he was at PSG like. He was never, ever bad on the ball and people really underappreciated how good his all-round game was as a midfielder while he was here.

I'm not sold on him coming back now, unless it's a very cheap, short-term deal. Not particularly because his quality has dropped off (it has a bit, but he's still better than what we have) but because of his age and the fact he's had a lot of niggling injuries while he's been at PSG. Still turned in some superb performances for them mind.

This is before the obvious off-field issue.
Checked it out mate, he's only missed 5 games through injury the past two seasons (none last season) not counting COVID

2 years ago people were saying that Burnley wouldn't let McNeil go for under £35m. He's not kicked on as much as they hoped but he's a good option for us. Seriously, it's a good deal. Still need a complete overhaul of our midfield tho...
Do you think Frank sees him playing in a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3 rather than a wide midfielder in (say) a 4-5-1 or a 5-4-1.

his lack of pace is a concern for a wide forward role, but I mean it's not all about pace I guess.

I love how you say stuff like this every single summer and then by Christmas you're throwing all your toys out the pram calling all the players a disgrace and saying there's some sort of curse on the club.

Don’t think this is accurate. Can’t remember too much moaning when we were buying Doucoure Allan and James under Ancelotti.

I do regularly call the players a disgrace, but at least that’s based on actual performance on a pitch not moaning about hypothetical scenarios that may or may not happen when football isn’t even being played.

Perfectly happy with gana coming back but it just proves how god awful our scouting is that we’ve had to enquire about a player we never replaced
I would be very interested in a breakdown of what we spend on scouting vs. what the competition spends. My suspicion is that it's an area where we are penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Have we gone from moaning about no making any signings to moaning about the signings we are making
Yes because most of them are just literally bringing people back or looking at who went down. Would get much better value in Europe that could actually push us on. But I understand we are in a tough financial place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back