Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will sign Gilmour and Gueye and will try late on to get Gallacher (he's currently 4th choice for the 2 cm spots they play) if Chelsea bring in another cm I think he will move
Gallagher & Iwobi rotating for that no. 8 would be ideal imo.

I just can’t see Gallagher, his stock is surely too high after last season. If he became available I think palace would get first refusal… although I am the eternal pessimist

I just can’t see Gallagher, his stock is surely too high after last season. If he became available I think palace would get first refusal… although I am the eternal pessimist

I'm just going off the pre season mate, Chelsea basically played Udinese yesterday and they have a B team game v there B team behind closed doors today.

Yesterday they played there first choice pretty much for 90 mins.

Gallacher wasn't in it - neither was Kovacic which puts him probably down to 4th choice - they're looking at buying sone young Italian 'wonderkid' and keep getting linked with the Barca midfielder united are after.

If they do bring in another big money cm, it just pushes him further down the pecking order.

Think he may move just before the transfer window shuts and if he does I think we'll go all out for him

He also really doesn't suit Tuchels system - he's basically being shoehorned in out of position as one of the two deep pivot players they use -

I mean we scored after 5 mins.
Correct. It was a long punt and opportunistic finish. I never denied that you plum. Afterwards, we rarely threatened in first half lacking any creativity or cutting edge, same same until Dele and McNeil came on. If you couldn't see that then you're clearly blinkered and just clamoring to the anti Barkley brigade, wanting to be accepted by other keyboard warriors ?

Don’t understand the persistent Cornet shouts. Just don’t need him whatsoever. We have Dele, Gordon, Gray, McNeil and Townsend for those wide forward positions.

We need an actual striker, a defensive mid, a proper old school centre mid and if it was Christmas a left-sided CB and cover for Patterson & Coleman.
Cornet can play up front as well as coming up n off the wing

Don’t understand the persistent Cornet shouts. Just don’t need him whatsoever. We have Dele, Gordon, Gray, McNeil and Townsend for those wide forward positions.

We need an actual striker, a defensive mid, a proper old school centre mid and if it was Christmas a left-sided CB and cover for Patterson & Coleman.
I'm hoping we get broja on loan

Yeah I'd be surprised if we went after another winger now tbh, think we moved on from cornet when we signed the lb on loan actually - think part of the attraction to Cornet was he could do that cover at lb role as well as lw/cf.

Now we loaned in a lb, bought a winger (for the right by the looks of it - but means Gray/Gordon/Dele are all fighting for that left spit now)

On the needs/wants. Cover for RB I think will be Iwobi mate if Patt/Cole are out, lcb think someone like Cowill would be ideal but we also have Mykolenko who has played there quite decently too for Kiev and can't see us spending on it this season.

Striker yeah we need one, think Dele will be the second choice as it stands but hard to get quality cheap especially if they know they're gonna be second choice behind DCL.

Two mids is a must - I'd say three needed, Gueye someone like a Gilmour and someone like a Gallacher/MGW who can provide some goals

Doubts over Lampard and Thelwell’s scouting network already, can’t see us doing any more business and need to sell Gomes, Gbamin etc.
Let's wait and see. No one predicted Vinagree and McNeil happening over the space of a few days. Still 3 loan spots available so I really don't see why we won't add.

Maybe try suggesting good players who aren’t going to cost massive fees and/or wages, and who might actually have something to prove and therefore a reason to put some effort into playing for us.

Bissouma and Eriksen will want the kind of wages that have got us in this mess in the first place (and will make them hard to shift when they inevitably CBA and end up being crap) and Bissouma will cost a wedge.

Tarkowski is a slug who can’t pass.

Johnson is the kind of player we should defo be looking at, though his profile has already been raised enough that he won’t be cheap.

Early offer to plead ignorance on this and take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.