Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh gotcya , if Chelsea do sign a big money cm the Gallacher is an idiot if he stays there tbh, he's already at best 4th for that position atm
They do have a lot of options in midfield. Didn’t they sign that Saul last year as well I haven’t seen him feature much tho. I can’t see Gallagher or Gilmour getting in the team. That’s before they even sign someone like de jong.

They do have a lot of options in midfield. Didn’t they sign that Saul last year as well I haven’t seen him feature much tho. I can’t see Gallagher or Gilmour getting in the team. That’s before they even sign someone like de jong.
Saul was only on loan mate. But yeah he hardly played.

Would've honestly given Simms a run than getting this feller in.

Had potential. Went to Chelsea. Nose dived. He's also never played as a main striker or a full season wherever he's been on loan apart from last season.

Alarm bells ring.
Simms can finish but the lad is flat footed and clearly isn't rated that highly if he keeps getting shunted on loan.

Plenty of good players havent worked out at chelsea, could just need the right system around him to flourish.

Yes if you sign for big money, but if a loan or low wages transfer - then it suits us. He's infinitely better than Rondon and gives back up to DCL. Were in a bad place and lacking goals and Batshuayi would provide that more reliably than a younger gamble.

Not against signing younger prospects or anything but just think this could be a smart transfer if done at the right price.
It’s not going to be low cost no matter how it’s done because I doubt he’s taking a pay cut so we’re landed with another big earner no matter how we do it.

He’s also not infinitely better than Rondon, better yes but not by as much as we should be aspiring to. Rondon does a specific job quite well and at least seems to give full commitment.

Plus, Rondon isn’t going anywhere so you’re then paying Batshuayi to be a bit better than Rondon and Rondon to be worse than Batshuayi. Having Rondon on the books should surely be a reason to take a chance on a younger backup striker because then if DCL is out you have the options of the young guy or the experienced guy to come in.

Yes if you sign for big money, but if a loan or low wages transfer - then it suits us. He's infinitely better than Rondon and gives back up to DCL. Were in a bad place and lacking goals and Batshuayi would provide that more reliably than a younger gamble.

Not against signing younger prospects or anything but just think this could be a smart transfer if done at the right price.
I’d be questioning why a fella would be happy to go to a lower team to sit on their bench, it would only be for more money.

It’s not going to be low cost no matter how it’s done because I doubt he’s taking a pay cut so we’re landed with another big earner no matter how we do it.

He’s also not infinitely better than Rondon, better yes but not by as much as we should be aspiring to. Rondon does a specific job quite well and at least seems to give full commitment.

Plus, Rondon isn’t going anywhere so you’re then paying Batshuayi to be a bit better than Rondon and Rondon to be worse than Batshuayi. Having Rondon on the books should surely be a reason to take a chance on a younger backup striker because then if DCL is out you have the options of the young guy or the experienced guy to come in.
He’s certainly not going to drop to a team lower in the league for less money.

Yeah sorry, got my wires crossed too, thought you meant you literally couldn’t see the link I posted, not the link between stories.

Yeah, I think De Jong comes in and Gallagher needs a loan, needs to play for his World Cup place.

Nope you where right first time mate, I can't see Twitter links in Russia as it's banned ?

I think signing Gana would give us more options, as it is with our midfield we have to play 523, but with Gana we can switch to a 433.
With all the Chelsea players we are linked with, I don’t see us signing them until after we have played the first game, unless they are loans. Their fans are fuming with their own lack of transfer activity, imagine how they would be if we beat them and Barkley or Batshuayi score the winner?!

Been keeping a check on the shed end one if their forums - pre preseason they where all confident he'd be a major player for them this sesson - having seen him in the preseason games in the formation they play nearly all have changed their tune to 'a but part player, will play I the meaningless games etc sone even reckoning he'll be sold next season etc

We’ve scored 12 more goals than Palace in the last three seasons, so not really sure that’s true. Palace were actually miles behind on that metric until last season, when our main striker was out for months on end.

I’m not sure Palace create that much more than us really.
He was only at Palace for 1 and a half seasons tho. Dom's been in an Everton team that's only finished top-half 3(I think) times. Anyone could score for Chelsea (except Werner lol) and in the farmer's league (take Tosun for example).

Thing is though say we could get a Dennis/Cornet/Broja type who can play a few positons like Richy could isn't that better than Batman who has never looked up to standard, his highest total goals in this league is 5? I don't know I just don't see it with him yes better than Rondon but that's a low bar would prefer a player who can play on a flank too like Cornet/Broja/Dennis. Also someone who hasn't failed at a sky club like Batman he's been shunted around on loan for years.

I was hoping Lampard could finally get Anthony Barry in as a coach, so many things that we can improve on. We laughed at the reds getting a throwing coach in a few years back but nothing depresses me more than watching us constantly lose possession when we have a throw, considering the amount of times it occurs in a game then things like this are important.
Set pieces are very poor too

Status
Not open for further replies.