Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Coady though: if the plan is never to use a back 4, he's a pretty damn good choice for that middle position if his fee isn't extreme. Would he play for Everton though?

If our ultimate plan is to go to a back 4, then he just can't play it.

I'm almost certain the only players we buy won't be getting leaked by the likes of Myers first mate.

Think if Gueye and Onana get done then every player we've gotten has had very very little whiff of it before it was literally agreed almost and then literally all the big journos are going with it literally at the same time - we've gotten a hang on keeping our business under wraps

------------------------------------Pickford------------------------------------------

------------------Mina------------Tarkowski------------Coady----------------------

Patterson----------------Onana--------------Gueye--------------------Mykolenko

---------------McNeil----------------Alli---------------------Gordon-----------------

You only have to look at out squad to see we are blatantly not signing that kopite wool. We have 5 centre backs already and are going to be playing 4 at the back if we sign the two holding mids

I don't think this is a given.

Can totall see them two replacing Doucs & Iwobi and relying on the wing-backs and 3 forwards to do the damage.

I'm almost certain the only players we buy won't be getting leaked by the likes of Myers first mate.

Think if Gueye and Onana get done then every player we've gotten has had very very little whiff of it before it was literally agreed almost and then literally all the big journos are going with it literally at the same time - we've gotten a hang on keeping our business under wraps

Err sort of agree except Onana which has been in the media for weeks now.

Just from Wolves' side, we've played a back four all summer and Coady has been in the second team, with Nathan Collins and Max Kilman starting and Coady expected to be on the bench this weekend.

So, he's no longer the key player he was and a sale wouldn't be a shock.

I watched the friendly v Beskitas in Alicante and Cody came on in a 4 and was terrible.

Just from Wolves' side, we've played a back four all summer and Coady has been in the second team, with Nathan Collins and Max Kilman starting and Coady expected to be on the bench this weekend.

Mate where did he plays in a 3 cb formation? I guess in the middle or can he plays LCB?

Err sort of agree except Onana which has been in the media for weeks now.
With Onana I think it was just a 'have an interest' thing, I think it was way more developed than that a whilst ago though, coming in now and effectively seems like we are very confident suggests we've already had conversations with his reps/player and got the personal details sorted.

It's nice seeing us operating like this though as it actually (shock horror) seems professional

is it true that he let mane score on purpose because of his allegiance to liverpool and he wanted to see them win the league?

I don't think this is a given.

Can totall see them two replacing Doucs & Iwobi and relying on the wing-backs and 3 forwards to do the damage.
Having zero creativity down the middle seems like a bold strategy that I can't see them doing. All the press keep saying how in an ideal world Lamps wants to play a back 4. Signing a player who can ONLY play a back 5 when the managers ideal world doesn't involve that feels counter-intuitive.

That's without the fact Wolves fans seem quite happy to see the back of him, he's very limited in what he does, which is sit 5 yards deeper than everyone else and point.

Mate where did he plays in a 3 cb formation? I guess in the middle or can he plays LCB?
In the middle only.

Very good at that role to be honest. Organises everyone, always talking. Got a good pass on him for a centre-back and knows where to be.

Can't run though.

As the lad above says, he got torn apart in our pre-season in a back four, including against some division 2/3 sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.