Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have to get gueye. A midfield trio of iwobi, onana and gueye suddenly looks very good. I genuinely never want to see Davies play for us again, he was absolutely gash and has been for a very long time. One paced, dithers on the ball, passing range of a 18month year old, can't shoot, can't tackle, cant track, absolutely babbed his pants with that high ball. Doucoure before he went off was also his usual garbage self and at fault for the goal. McNeil and Gray utter drivel. Positive spin is you put dcl in that team and we atleast get a drawer so I suppose that's promising but man, it's gonna be a looooooong season unless we get a few more QUALITY players through the door.

It absolutely blows my mind we are still talking about players like Davies, gomeshhhh etcetera etcetera. Have to say it's clear lampard got the team wrong today but he has to hope his forwards are gonna start doing the business but christ all 3 of them up top were dreadful. The fact rondon came on and improved us is a joke.

Alli looks more dangerous than Gordon Gray and McNeill.

Back four for me, Alli off the striker.

Defence looked fine though which is a positive. Still bits to improve but can’t expect them to defend every single 2v2

I keep saying it but our recruitment has been totally stupid this window. Totally the wrong priorities.

Sign a couple of forwards or we are going down. End of story.
I mean it hasn’t. Firstly, there is no priority between positions. You can sign more than one player at a time.

Secondly, we needed to improve the defence. Which has been better and justified through two major injuries.

We have to improve the midfield. Obama is a clear improvement and Gana appears to be a matter of time.

Attack needs improving, we’ve brought one in and they always wanted another but we are not in a position to spend 30m on each player. We will sign an attacker I just hope they get one who is made of some quality. Doesn’t have to be a 30 goal a season, just one who can contribute and link the plan.

Rondon did well when he came on but he should only ever be a sub and back up.

I mean it hasn’t. Firstly, there is no priority between positions. You can sign more than one player at a time.

Secondly, we needed to improve the defence. Which has been better and justified through two major injuries.

We have to improve the midfield. Obama is a clear improvement and Gana appears to be a matter of time.

Attack needs improving, we’ve brought one in and they always wanted another but we are not in a position to spend 30m on each player. We will sign an attacker I just hope they get one who is made of some quality. Doesn’t have to be a 30 goal a season, just one who can contribute and link the plan.

Rondon did well when he came on but he should only ever be a sub and back up.
Yes we can

I keep saying it but our recruitment has been totally stupid this window. Totally the wrong priorities.

Thing is, as has been said before that you refuse to listen to, it would have been stupider focusing solely on a striker all summer and leaving us with the likes of Keane and Gomes starting games. We’ve built a stronger back line and we look a bit better in midfield, no one expected DCL to get an injury 3 days before the season started

We had the worst midfield in the league entering the season I think signing players in this area is completely in line with what we needed.

And DCL getting hurt opened up the gap at striker which only happened two weeks ago. Maybe we should have prepared more for that but spending 30m on a forward while we had to trot out Doucoure every week would look well worse for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.