Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think if Everton sell Gordon they're going to buy more defenders?

Stop being a child.

It's an absolute no brainer to me.

Go buy a Gibbs White, Broja etc.

Sell Gordon whilst opposing clubs who haven't done much research see that flash of pace and believe there's something there.

Little do they know, it ends up with him losing the ball and throwing himself on the floor.

He's a good player, but not a 9. He's only playing there because the manager has been dealt the worst deck possible.

We sell him and I have no faith in the board spending the money sensibly because they are a bunch of fools not capable of running a football club.

I can't see how we could turn down 50m for Gordon - if that is what is offered. I mean, are we seriously suggesting that we cannot buy a better player than Gordon for that price? If so, the recruitment people - and Thelwell - need P45s pronto.
The improvement we could get by selling Gordon for anything close to 50m is off the charts, we'd surely never turn it down. I imagine any offer the make will likely involve some sort of player swap, but even if we get half that in cash that's us most of the way to Terrier to replace him.

This would be a game changer.

50m and Kante and they can have him.

I'd settle for 25 + Broja, but I suppose we could ask. They seem to be ready to give clubs exactly what they want this summer.

Sell Gordon and we may as well lock the gates

The board will try to replace him with a goalkeeper

Wow.

It fascinates me how little these professional organizations know about football.

We should absolutely rinse any club and sell to whoever comes in for him with a strong offer.

As it stands, the boy has no end product.

We'd be better off with the cash.

I can't see how we could turn down 50m for Gordon - if that is what is offered. I mean, are we seriously suggesting that we cannot buy a better player than Gordon for that price? If so, the recruitment people - and Thelwell - need P45s pronto.

Straight swap Broja & Gallagher.

Nice knowing you Anthony.

I am not sure Gordon would want to leave. If you were to look at things in a brutal/ruthless way we would be able to use the Gordon money and the small amount of money we still have available to bring in two more productive players. Problem is it is not that simple. The media would jump on this as a huge crisis that could have a very negative effect on the club

At this point surely you have to wonder what Newcastle and Chelsea see in him to have £40mil figures thrown around.

Also why Lampard has given him the 10 shirt.

Clearly theres something behind these professionals rating Gordon so highly.

He's a good player, but not a 9. He's only playing there because the manager has been dealt the worst deck possible.

We sell him and I have no faith in the board spending the money sensibly because they are a bunch of fools not capable of running a football club.
I'm talking about his wide position.

The boy does not produce goals.

Simple as that.

Anybody giving us a nice budget to buy the targets we've been heavily linked with should be a no brainer.

At this point surely you have to wonder what Newcastle and Chelsea see in him to have £40mil figures thrown around.

There is.

The lad has got bags of natural talent and a willingness to work hard.

Nobody is suggesting we sell him cheaply.

I am not sure Gordon would want to leave. If you were to look at things in a brutal/ruthless way we would be able to use the Gordon money and the small amount of money we still have available to bring in two more productive players. Problem is it is not that simple. The media would jump on this as a huge crisis that could have a very negative effect on the club
Maybe, I think if it was Newcastle and 35m then Gordon wouldn't be interested, and like you say the media would say we were in crisis and forced to sell. But if it's Chelsea I don't think Gordon turns down champions league, and if it's a much better deal for us I think the media sees it differently, especially if a quality player like Broja is included in the deal - Brighton selling Cucurella to them has been seen as excellent business.

Wow.

It fascinates me how little these professional organizations know about football.

We should absolutely rinse any club and sell to whoever comes in for him with a strong offer.

As it stands, the boy has no end product.

We'd be better off with the cash.
Yet a top four club may want to sign him....does that not tell you something?

Everton supporters can be very blinkered at times.

All I’ll ask people to do is take their bias aside. I see Gordon and Gray as near identical players. If there was a club that came in for Gray for £20m most people would take it without question, never mind £50m. It’s the classic case but if this lad wasn’t from the academy he wouldn’t be near the squad on a regular basis and we’d happily take what we could get with him.

I mean ffs look at the abuse McNeil is getting already only 2 games in with us despite him and Gordon only having a few months between them.

Clubs are more stupid than you think.

Bad signings are often made by all.

Just look at our Tosun, Gylfi, Bolasie, (can't be bothered naming them all)

There is.

The lad has got bags of natural talent and a willingness to work hard.

Nobody is suggesting we sell him cheaply.
Exactly - they are seeing stacks and stacks of potential. But the two clubs are in very different position - Chelsea can invest in potential for the future, but we need quality right here right now if we are to stay away from a relegation fight. And the quality we could get with the Gordon outweighs what Gordon can give us this season. A deal could work for where both clubs are.

Indeed there is. The same thing that saw certain professionals rate Ross Barkley, Andre Gomes, and Ademola Lookman so highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.