Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with you if he was Rooney-esque, but he's not (and even Rooney was sold!).

He's improved massively last season, for sure; great energy, works hard, runs around a lot etc etc, but he's 21 and he can't take a corner, doesn't have stand out football intelligence, already has a reputation as a diver (partly his own doing, partly because he doesn't have the physique to compete), doesn't score, doesn't assist etc etc.

Take away the "he's one of our own" and what do you really have? A young player who is average but could improve, maybe a little maybe a lot. Rooney was a generational talent you could build a team around, AG is just a good young player that wouldn't start regularly for any Sky Six club at the moment.

Either way, I don't believe there's any chance of this deal happening, so we're debating a pointless point I guess.

Thats just all or nothing thinking mate. In 12 months he turned from a player who couldn’t get a game at Preston to essentially being a leading force in saving us from relegation. All the things you mention in paragraph two are thing he’s improved and he’s not finished his headroom is huge.

I can tell you exactly why Chelsea want him, because just over a week ago, neither Thiago Silva or Koulibaly could put anything in him bar breath on the back of his neck 2hen he moved to his right position in the second half. I pretty much disagree with your assessment, the only other Everton academy player I can remember making life hell for World class centre halfs is Rooney.

It’s nothing about one of our own, he’s one of our best players now, with huge headroom, it’s great that he’s cost us nothing - we’ve hit the absolute jackpot, he could outgrow us but when he does it will be for more than 40 mill.

I also think a deal won’t happen mate.

Last edited:

Jamie Carragher has said on Sky Sports that Frank Lampard’s Everton will not sell Anthony Gordon to Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea for £40 million in the summer transfer window.

The former Liverpool defender does not think that Everton will be willing to sell Gordon this summer.

The Sky Sports pundit has added that Chelsea will have to pay much more than £40 million to secure the services of the 21-year-old English winger

Sky Sports have reported that Chelsea have made a bid of £40 million for Everton winger Gordon.

The Chronicle have claimed that the London club’s bid went in on Sunday afternoon.

Carragher said on Sky Sports: “That’s a lot of money for a young player, just coming onto the scene, but I don’t see how Everton could accept that. The position they find themselves in right now, lack of attacking players, he is the one big hope for the club.”

The pundit added: “They need an attacking player coming in, so there is no way they will let him go, certainly him being a local lad.”

Carragher continued: “I think it would have to be a lot higher than that if Everton are to sanction.”

The pundit added: “They need an attacking player coming in, so there is no way they will let him go, certainly him being a local lad.”

Carragher continued: “I think it would have to be a lot higher than that if Everton are to sanction.”

Last edited:

Jamie Carragher has said on Sky Sports that Frank Lampard’s Everton will not sell Anthony Gordon to Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea for £40 million in the summer transfer window.

The former Liverpool defender does not think that Everton will be willing to sell Gordon this summer.

The Sky Sports pundit has added that Chelsea will have to pay much more than £40 million to secure the services of the 21-year-old English winger

Sky Sports have reported that Chelsea have made a bid of £40 million for Everton winger Gordon.

The Chronicle have claimed that the London club’s bid went in on Sunday afternoon.

Carragher said on Sky Sports: “That’s a lot of money for a young player, just coming onto the scene, but I don’t see how Everton could accept that. The position they find themselves in right now, lack of attacking players, he is the one big hope for the club.”

Thats just all or nothing thinking mate. In 12 months he turned from a player who couldn’t get a game at Preston to essentially being a leading force in saving us from relegation. All the things you mention in paragraph two are thing he’s improved and he’s not finished his headroom is huge.

I can tell you exactly why Chelsea want him, because just over a week ago, neither Thiago Silva or Koulibaly could put anything in him bar breath on the back of his neck 2hen he moved to his right position in the second half. I pretty much disagree with your assessment, the only other Everton academy player I can remember making life hell for World class centre halfs is Rooney.

It’s nothing about one of our own, he’s one of our best players now, with huge headroom, it’s great that he’s cost us nothing - we’ve hit the absolute jackpot, he could outgrow us but when he does it will be for more than 40 mill.

I also think a deal won’t happen mate.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.