Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough

I see us needing 3 players rather than 2 if we sell Gordon. Thats a huge ask in mid August and I would have little faith in us having the plan and ability to pull it off.

I am not against selling because everyone has a price but I would prefer to keep him. It needs to be an enormous offer at this stage of the window and I think that's 50m +

I would also say I doubt we planned to sell Gordon so we will probably be making it up as we go along if we need to replace him. The thought of needing to find goalscorers and a quality wide player to avoid relegation makes me pretty worried. Maybe even a little terrified. I dont think the DOF or board are capable of doing it.
We have to believe there are deals we can action quickly if we sell. Broja, Gallagher and Terrier if we can afford two and loan one would add goals and assists.

Why Emerson and Pulisic and not Broja and Gallagher who we’ve been linked with all summer?
Kante picked up an injury today. I would like Gallagher but I don't think they would let him go. I'm up for Broja as well but I think Pulisic has a higher ceiling, he was fantastic under Lampard and it's a world cup year he will want the game time.

It doesn’t make sense though, I watched them earlier and they have wide players with twice the end product of Gordon. So why do they need him? Paying over the odds if your desperate(as we well know), but this ain’t the case with Chelsea. If the bar is set by Gordon then surely Gallagher must be higher? Can’t believe he’ll be part of any negotiation, but maybe I’m wrong.

It's a post on AVB he doesn't mention a price but his mate Ben mentioned 50m+

Broja and Gallagher plus a wide forward say Terrier then we are talking

I feel like a lot of "we CAN'T sell Gordon for 50m!" shouts are thinking about a perfect scenario where Gordon both never gets injured and he improves year on year. A) It's Everton, he's most likely going to lose a leg in about 3 months and B) there is a very real possibility that this is as good as he gets. They're paying for potential. There is a lot of risk on potential.

I'd ask them to match the Cucurella fee which I think was £55mil + £7mil add ons.

See how close they get to it.

Cucurella / Chilwell both £50mil+ players competing for the left sided position.

Gordon will be Reece James' backup I think. He'll be turned into a wing back which is what Conte was rumoured to want him as when they got Richarlison.

Its not like these teams want Gordon as a winger or a forward player...i really think he'd be the right wing back backup lol

I’m chips in on a Gordon deal, based on the following conditions.

1. Lampard sanctions it, cannot afford to sell players that he really wants to keep.
2. £50m fee
3. We sign three forwards (2 x wide and 1 x CF) and Gana.

Ideally, the deal allows us to get Broja as the CF on loan, and gives us the freedom to spend bigger on two wide forwards with Terrier being the number one option.

You would hope so but we had absolutely nothing lined up to replace Richarlison. We are notoriously disorganised
To be fair, they were in dire financial straits, Richarlison wanted out, and I reckon they needed to move him to satisfy the league and be allowed to make some progress in the transfer market. Frank said all along that it would be a process and they needed to rebuild midfield and strengthen defense, so while attack is necessary, a stronger base was always the primary target.

C32D8B75-4D5B-4EF6-8627-8B72A9FA1F9E.jpeg

Besides Terrier are there any other continental players who would be a giant step up if Gordon goes? Honestly stopped watching footy last year entirely I was so disgusted. Really weird that Aouar is seemignly on the move for 12m too ffs .

We would be silly to turn down £55m + for Gordon, but what the actual, are *Evertonians* stating on here in print that they would accept less than has already been bid for him? Some even offering the hackneyed wit that they would drive him down there themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.