Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a colossal waste of talent. Oh well, looking at the pure logistics of it we make a profit off of a player that we had no right to and have his wages off the books, doesn’t really need replacing either as he hasn’t done a whole pile here yet unfortunately.

I'm sure they'll contribute almost 5% of his 100k p/w wages too ?

What a colossal waste of talent. Oh well, looking at the pure logistics of it we make a profit off of a player that we had no right to and have his wages off the books, doesn’t really need replacing either as he hasn’t done a whole pile here yet unfortunately.

Guarantee they never activate the €7m option to buy and he'll end back out there on loan next season.

2 games into the season. Try backing the manager considering they re clearly still working on signings.
Early indications arent great, I lose a little more faith with every 5 at the back game we lose, best 10 mins of football we have seen this season is when we went 4-2-3-1 v Villa.

Best football last season was with a back 4... You gotta go with the system that gets points, recruitment on the whole has been very good, hopefully more to come.

I all seriousness, I have a feeling Frank was putting a lot of stock into being able to work things out with his old club to bring in players he was fond of and knew he could work with, but who were no longer a fit at Chelsea, and things have turned very sour with Chelsea trying to strong arm him into sacrificing Gordon, even if they were technically meant to be separate deals. I suspect that stalled other things that could have happened in the meantime, and if Frank can hold off the board to continue having things his way, we may see Gordon retained, an end to any pursuit of Chelsea players, with sudden movement on scouted talent from elsewhere.

Not sure, mate. I just enjoyed the expressions on their faces.
Especially the cats expression
063f9cc7781e88052b1b9d97599e1a73.png

If it’s true that those are the forward options we are pondering then it shows how far we have fallen. Adams and Maupay ??

I all seriousness, I have a feeling Frank was putting a lot of stock into being able to work things out with his old club to bring in players he was fond of and knew he could work with, but who were no longer a fit at Chelsea, and things have turned very sour with Chelsea trying to strong arm him into sacrificing Gordon, even if they were technically meant to be separate deals. I suspect that stalled other things that could have happened in the meantime, and if Frank can hold off the board to continue having things his way, we may see Gordon retained, an end to any pursuit of Chelsea players, with sudden movement on scouted talent from elsewhere.

Yep. And unfortunately I think any deal we do with Chelsea at this point for a player coming back will be inflated on their end. They’re not going to just rock up with £50m for Gordon without trying to pull our pants down. They know this club is desperate for attacking players

Reactions: den
I read a lot of absolute bumfluff on this forum but mate, take a bow. You’ve outdone everyone by a country mile

would you take the following deal for gordon

hudson-odoi
gilmore
broja (loan with option to buy)
barkley
No, terrible choices!

Broja only as he is the best prospect out the lot. Odoi is already on 120k per week and average at best. Won’t even bother making a comment about Gilmour and even less for Barkley

If we sell to Chelsea we need to rinse them for every penny we can get, so let them know he is yours for 65million or jog on

Player swaps are very rare so stop quoting them as if it an every day occurrence

Status
Not open for further replies.