Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folk have already made their minds up on Gilmour. He struggled as a youngster in an already struggling Norwich team = he is, and always will be, pish.
He's utter garbage.

Some people base their opinions on him on one 10 minute showing against Liverpool.

The lad is a PL failure at two clubs. I have no idea what some Everton supporters see when they see a player.

The cracks in fans patience will start to appear on Saturday if we still have no striker and go 0-1 down.
Really bad performance by the club here, waiting for a perfect fit of a forward but starting the season by giving everyone else a three game head start.

The same people who think Anthony Gordon shouldn't be sold for £75m... after he was practically discarded at Preston on loan in 20/21 season.

A pure lack of perspective on their part.
Agreed. I have no idea whether Gilmour will make it as an EPL player in the long run, but recency bias in football fans of every club is astonishing.

@BlueToff is a massive fan of him mate, looks good on YouTube (most do tbf).

Not a striker though more a wide forward/number 10 type I think.

Never been capped for France weirdly.
Yeah I saw bits of him at Lyon and liked him. He was seen as one of their brightest prospects but then for whatever reason couldn't really get going and was sold to Rennes where he had a decent first season after they sold Raphinha and then was brilliant last year.

I wouldn't say he's creative as such (albeit he created more chances in Ligue 1 alone last year than any of our players did in all competitions combined), but he has a real eye for goal and his positioning is his main asset, as well as a brilliant turn of pace. He loves a shot at goal if he gets space anywhere from about 25 yards out.

Can sometimes look awkward on the ball because his stature but he's good in the air, got a good leap on him and a brilliant shot. I think some of his finishing can be poor at times but if he's played in a left channel where he can influence the game from he's a hell of a talent.

If Gordon left he'd be an instant upgrade and would actually cover Gordon/Richarlison in one player.

But by no means tied to it, I'm sure there's plenty of players the club have watched. We just know from reports they like this lad a lot too.

Last edited:

The cracks in fans patience will start to appear on Saturday if we still have no striker and go 0-1 down.
Really bad performance by the club here, waiting for a perfect fit of a forward but starting the season by giving everyone else a three game head start.
They had a perfect fit of a forward when we had Richarlison...and when they sold him THAT should have been the very first thing they attended to. But that's why the club are in a shocking state. Misgoverned for years.

Any fan could sort Everton out better than this board and owner if they were left in charge.

They had a perfect fit of a forward when we had Richarlison...and when they sold him THAT should have been the very first thing they attended to. But that's why the club are in a shocking state. Misgoverned for years.

Any fan could sort Everton out better than this board and owner if they were left in charge.
I agree

There, I said it out loud..

I can see Gordon going to Chelsea with either 1 or 2 players coming the other way. One permanent and the other on loan.
Given Onana and Gana coming in, Doucoure and Iwobi now playing centrally, not to mention a sack full of midfielders we can't shift, I can't see use signing Gilmour - not unless we knew Gomes and another were leaving.
I can see us taking one of their wingers though as an immediate replacement for AG and hopefully Broja on loan for the season (as they don't seem to want to sell him). We may take Batshuayi on a free as direct comp for Dom but given the links to Che Adams, Maupay and a whole host of French strikers, he's probably not an option any more and if we get up to 50m for Gordon, we can aim higher than 'Batman'.

Hard to find details of his deal mate, some have us taking on his Spurs deal at 100k a week, but then this article says his wage with us heavily incentivised:

Exactly how players wages should be made up with incentives they then either perform or earn a much lesser salary, would definitely see a different attitude in some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.